Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

D

November 29th, 2016 19:00

Why Can't I Get Any Help With My Order?

I initially placed an order with Dell back on the 11th of November.  On the 18th I received my computer and discovered that it had been configured with the wrong amount of RAM.  That laptop (XPS 13) has been returned back to Dell.  Customer service advised  that a correctly built laptop would be sent out to me as soon as possible and a new order was placed on 11/21. It would have been returned the next day but Dell is available on weekends. I contacted Dell a few days later to check the status and was told that the order was being held up at the factory due to a "wireless connectivity issue."  I checked back a few days ago and was told the same thing. Today I used chat and was told the same thing and that it would be another 2 weeks before I could expect my order.  I do not understand what is going on.  If Dell makes a mistake and sends the wrong computer you would think they would expedite getting the correct one to the customer...but instead I was told by an agent that I had to wait my turn due to FIFO (first in, first out).  This whole experience has been disappointing. I requested that a supervisor contact me and was was told they would - never happened.  I was told that the "wifi" issue would be resolved by today and that someone from Dell would update me - never happened.  It just doesn't seem like anyone will take one minute to actually check on what is really going on and verify why my order has been held up for 9 days on a wifi issue. - D. S. Cifers

9.4K Posts

November 30th, 2016 08:00

Hi DSCifers73,

Thanks for posting.

Apologies that it's taking a while to get your replacement computer to you.  As you are aware, Dell builds each computer individually, and does not have a stockroom somewhere with fully assembled computers where someone could just pick one and send it out.  With that said, parts are sent to the manufacturing plant as they are available, so if a particular part (ie: wifi card) runs out, they must wait until there are sufficient parts to build the computer.  Additionally if a problem has been made aware of by customer's complaining about (ie: wifi connectivity) then of course you would want that resolved prior to sending out a computer with a known problem.  Hopefully they have this issue resolved whether it's hardware or software related, and your computer will continue to be built and sent to you soon.

No Events found!