Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

January 18th, 2018 16:00

Why was I banned?

I've been posting on an off in Dell's community forums for a few years. Sometimes I've asked for help, sometimes I've tried to help. A couple days ago I posted a message asking about the new XPS 8900 BIOS. RoHe helped me, and I decided to update the BIOS this morning. It updated fine. I wrote here that I'd updated the BIOS without any problems. Came here this afternoon and signed in and got:

You are not allowed to access this site.

We're sorry, but you have been banned from this site.

No explanation why, no email explaining why. As far as I can see, all of the messages I've written here have been removed. What could I have done wrong? I've never been rude to anyone, or used foul language, or (as far as I know) done anything that could've gotten me banned.

I made a new account so that I could write this message.

I'm very confused. Why was I banned?

6 Posts

January 19th, 2018 07:00

Never mind. I was able to sign in this morning with my old account and everything is back to normal.

4 Operator

• 

2.3K Posts

January 19th, 2018 11:00

Its a new forum system so there are plenty of bugs they are ironing out. Glad you were able to log back in.

6 Posts

January 19th, 2018 13:00

I thought it might have something to do with the forum makeover, but I also thought that maybe I'd unknowingly done something that got me banned. Guess it was a bug with the new forum. I wonder how many other people were affected like me.

1 Message

November 6th, 2019 16:00

Had this problem, had to whitelist Dell.com from my adblocker.

No Events found!