Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 27th, 2016 18:00

Will Dell Honor $48 Credit in "Good Faith"?

For the past 2 months I've been trying to get a $48 credit from Dell: (1) In April 2016 - Made a purchase using my Dell Advantage Rewards Gift Card and my Dell Preferred Account (2) On 4/19/2016 - Dell "priced match" my purchase which I would be refunded $51.84 (3) Dell Customer Service Rep said my Dell Preferred Account would be credited in 10-15 days (4) On 5/13/2016 - I verified my Dell Preferred Account and there was no credit (5) I contacted Dell, the Dell Customer Service Rep said to wait another month (after the billing period closes) (6) On 6/17/2016 - I verified my Dell Preferred Account, I was credited $3.84 (missing $48 credit) (7) I contacted Dell, the Dell Customer Service Rep said the $48 was credited back to my gift card. (8) I told the Dell CS Rep that I used a Dell Advantage Rewards Gift Card and according to the Dell website, money "cannot" be added back to this Gift Card. (9) The Dell CS Rep began arguing with me and said that I received the $48 credit to my gift card (the CS Rep hung up on me) (10) On 6/22/2016 - I called Dell Customer Service and was transferred 4 times and still no one would help me. (11) On 6/27/2016 - I tried to call Dell again (Gift Card Support) and put on "hold" for 45 minutes and then I hung up (I couldn't wait any longer) I NEED HELP! I cannot seem to get the Dell CS Reps to understand that "money cannot be added back to the Dell Advantage Rewards Gift Card" (1) Any suggestions? (2) Who do I need to speak with to in order to get a $48 credit? Signed...a loyal customer of 17 years who is now totally disappointed and frustrated, Tappingtoto

June 28th, 2016 19:00

I forgot to mention...last week I emailed Dell twice and never got a response. I just can't seen to get my issue resolved. DELL PLEASE CONTACT ME AND DO THE RIGHT THING AND HONOR MY $48 CREDIT!

4 Operator

• 

9.4K Posts

June 29th, 2016 08:00

Hi tappingtoto,

Thanks for posting on the Dell Community.

Apologies for the confusion surrounding your gift card purchase.  I'd be happy to look into this for you, so please contact me privately and include your order information along with your giftcard number and pin code.  Thanks.

Regards,
Robert

June 29th, 2016 16:00

Robert, How do I contact you privately with the information?

4 Operator

• 

9.4K Posts

July 1st, 2016 06:00

Click my name in blue, then on the next page click in the upper right corner where it says "send private message".  Thanks.

July 11th, 2016 19:00

Robert - Are there any updates regarding my $48 credit?

4 Operator

• 

9.4K Posts

July 12th, 2016 07:00

I've responded to your message privately.

July 21st, 2016 00:00

I would like to thank Robert for resolving my issue in getting the $48 credit for me. After many attempts to resolve my issue with Dell Customer Service, it was Robert who actually listened and took action to help. It's very unfortunate that Dell's Customer Service lacks the knowledge in providing a good experience for the customer. I shouldn't have to voice my compliant on a Community Board to have my issue resolve. Thanks again Robert for all of your help!
No Events found!