Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 24th, 2014 22:00

Worst Customer Support EVER!

Back in February 2013 I called dell and ordered 2 mobile phones, the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 and Samsung Galaxy S3, on 2/5/13. The Dell mobile phones sales rep also sold me insurance on both of the phones. I have been paying $6.99 x 2 every month since February 2013. The insurance is by a company called Mobile Device Protection Association, LLC.

I received an email on March 15, 2014 that stated I was no longer a member of Mobile Device Protection as my 'online retailer' cancelled my device protection as of 12/31/13. By "online retailer" I assume they mean Dell since they are the online retailer that sold me my phones.

So I called Dell yesterday Sunday 3/23/14 and today Monday 3/24/14 to ask questions and confirm whether Dell was behind the cancellation of my cell phone insurance......It has been nothing short of a nightmare.

I spent 2 hours on Sunday calling customer support numbers 1-877-717-3355 and 1-800-624-9897. From the start I was transferred from representative to representative. Each one telling me I needed to be transferred to Dell Mobility and that they would be transferring me. Sometimes the transfer would result in a line that would just hangup on me. It was extremely frustrating calling back and starting the process all over again especially since holdtimes were 15-20min long. I was put on hold countless times.

When requested, I explained my situation and question and I would give my name, address, info and order # to the reps and they said they could not find anything under that order number and info. I saved the email with my order confirmation and that is in fact the order number on the email. I asked to speak with a supervisor many times and instead was just transferred to another rep. Finally when I reached a supervisor on Sunday he gave me a number for Dell Mobility and said it was open from 9am-10pm EST.

So Today, Monday, I tried the phone number around noon, only to find that it was no longer a working number. And so today I started the process all over again. Calling customer support and receiving no customer service at all! I would ask immediately to speak to a supervisor and  the operator would put me on hold and transfer me to another rep and it would start all over again. I had to explain my story over and over again. I have phone records that can prove how many times and the duration of the calls. I was transferred to a supervisor that hung up the call in the middle of my conversation. This happened more than once. I was dealing with this for over 2 hours.

There is absolutely no accountability! No one knew anything or cared, supervisors were indifferent and would hangup the calls and no one to complain to? For such a major company like Dell it is the worst customer phone support I have ever come across. I have never felt so helpless as a consumer in my life. To make matters worse your supposedly 24/7 chat doesn't work! I will be filing a complaint with the agencies. This is ridiculous that I cant speak with someone in the company that can help or at least file my complaint.

No Responses!
No Events found!