Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 11th, 2013 05:00

Worst order process and customer service I've ever experienced

I made an order for a Dell Inspiron 17R SE on the 1st April. Shortly after, I received an automated call from my bank asking me to confirm some payments including the one for the laptop. I confirmed it but at the end of the phone call it said some of these transactions might not have gone through so I contacted Dell on the 2nd of April. I was told they had to re-submit the order, so that was done and I thought everything would be fine. For days my order was still in process, even though when I made the order it said "delivery in 2 days". I contacted Dell online chat numerous times and got contrasting responses. Some would say it's fine, just be patient, others would say there was a problem with my payment. I contacted my bank again and they said after I authorised my order Dell had a three day window to take the payment, Dell did not take any money. After a week (9/4/13) my order was still processing, I had received no order confirmation. I rang Dell up and was told they'd look into it. Within ONE hour I received an order confirmation and my order went from processing to pre-production then in production and a day later it had changed to shipped. I never received a shipping confirmation and still haven't. My estimated delivery date was 9/4/13 but I knew that was never going to happen. There was tracking information on my order with an ETA of 10/4/13, it is now the 11/4/13 and that hasn't changed. Nobody at Dell seems to have a clue about my order and where it actually is, why on earth did it take a phone call from me to get my order moving after a whole week? Looking on these forums it seems like I'm not the only one with an issue. No payment has been taken despite the fact it has apparently shipped. This is what it says on the tracking website:

Status DEPARTED MANU.FACILITY
Delivered On n/a
Received By EMF
Sent On 09/04/2013
Order No.
Box Qty 1
Weight 4 Kgs
ETA 10/04/2013 Please check the order history below for any possible delays.

History Date Time Location Activity
09/04/13 14:30 EMF DEPARTED MANU.FACILITY
09/04/13 14:28 WWI - HINCKLEY MERGE PICK SHORTAGE.

I would appreciate a response from someone who actually knows what is going on with my order and what date I will receive it. Frustrated would be an understatement! I just called Dell (again) on my mobile while on lunch at work which probably cost me a fortune. The guy I spoke to couldn't even confirm that my order had been shipped as I haven't received a shipping confirmation. Absolute joke. Very tempted to cancel my order but don't know what I can do now that it has (apparently) been shipped. I feel like I should be compensated for Dell's incompetence.

Adam

16 Posts

April 11th, 2013 06:00

I have had a similar problem - still waiting for the laptop even though I ordered on the 1st (10 days ago) - The status itself has never changed from 'Pre-Processing' or essentially nothing has happened it hasn't even been BUILT yet so I could be waiting weeks (or even months) as they haven't give me any indication of when they will get the parts (nevermind actually shipping it to me).

I maybe forced to cancel as I desperately need this for job as freelance Web Developer, the annoying thing is that they have made no attempt to tell me about this delay until I asked them where my laptop was?!

Another frustrated customer.. looks like i'll be going back to ASUS again in the future.

6 Posts

April 11th, 2013 06:00

I have had a similar problem - still waiting for the laptop even though I ordered on the 1st (10 days ago) - The status itself has never changed from 'Pre-Processing' or essentially nothing has happened it hasn't even been BUILT yet so I could be waiting weeks (or even months) as they haven't give me any indication of when they will get the parts (nevermind actually shipping it to me).

I maybe forced to cancel as I desperately need this for job as freelance Web Developer, the annoying thing is that they have made no attempt to tell me about this delay until I asked them where my laptop was?!

Another frustrated customer.. looks like i'll be going back to ASUS again in the future.

It's an absolute disgrace that Dell make no effort whatsoever to contact customers to let them know their order is delayed.

When I made my order there was nothing in "My Account" or "Order Status". I had to manually fill in my order details for anything to show up.

Why do Dell treat their customers so poorly? Even when you contact them they can't let you know what's going on with your order, they have to refer it to someone else which takes 24-48 hours. It's just shocking. I doubt anyone from Dell will respond to this post for a day or two.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

April 11th, 2013 10:00

I have notified the Care Liaisons to contact you via private message to ask for details.

No Events found!