Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 26th, 2014 10:00

X51 Delayed 4 times and counting...

I purchased an Alienware X51 from Dell on Feb 11th with an EDD for Feb 25th.

About a week after ordering, the EDD changed to Feb 28th, then it changed to March 3rd, and is now at March 6th.  I e-mailed support on or around Feb 21st asking what the issue was but have not received a response.  

I understand that delays can happen but I find it unacceptable to wait for almost a month for a $1400+ item. I bought a laptop about a year ago and did not have these issues with Dell.

I've researched this online and have found this to be a widespread, multi-year issue.  Topics going back a few years with people having the same issue I am, having to wait weeks and weeks for their machines.

So, per the trend, in a few days I'll have a new EDD of March 6th, then it'll go to March 11th, then March 14th, and so on.  I've come to understand that this machine may take months to get to me, and that is ridiculous.

Can somebody please help me understand why a company like Dell is having such a hard time communicating with their customer?  Had I known that they never intended to deliver anywhere near the 25th, I would have never ordered and it's looking like this is the last thing I buy from you.

Thanks!

8.8K Posts

February 26th, 2014 10:00

Houdini47

Unforeseen hardware shortages will cause  these delays.  Yes, it's a pain but Dell is a hardware company and when their vendors are back ordered it's felt by everyone.  I have no idea what issues or link backing it up you are referring to?

Z..................................

10 Posts

February 26th, 2014 11:00

There is no way there are unforeseen hardware shortages when people have been having this issue for the past two years.

Just read the first page when you google "x51 delayed"

Regardless, proper business to customer relation would of been to inform me of the delay the first time it happened.  Instead they keep pushing it back and do not even make an attempt to let me know anything.  I mean, they couldn't even respond to a customer service email.

Waiting a week after the initial EDD is not a huge deal, but from reading all those stories to the lack of information from Dell leads me to believe I am going to be waiting for much longer then anyone should.

8.8K Posts

February 26th, 2014 11:00

Houdini47

I did Google it... I saw 2 people waiting for a keyboard and  no other parts really mentioned. The amount of complaints in proportion of that unit being sold far out number the complaints.  It's just unfortunate that you happen to be one of those waiting.

What part are they waiting for with your unit?

Now if you Google, lenovo computer delayed  in Google you'll see pretty much the same thing. Which just shows you this is not unique to Dell.

If there was something I could do to help you I would.

Z..................................

10 Posts

February 26th, 2014 12:00

I appreciate it.

I don't know what part or parts I'm waiting for.  Dell has told me absolutely nothing.

The waiting isn't really whats bothering me.  It's the fact that they don't even care enough to inform a customer that a product has been delayed and just assume the customer is fine with it.

I find it hard to believe that a Dell Service Rep can't search my order and tell me " Mr.Houdini, your pc is delayed because we are waiting for part X and it is backordered.  Your new EDD is X"  or maybe the part was defective and they are waiting for a new one, or the shells are backordered, etc.  

All I want is an answer from the company I've spent thousands of dollars with about why the computer keeps getting delayed and why customer service feels they don't need to answer support e-mails.

In regards to google searching, yea, you could put delayed at the end of anything and find a bunch of stories, but the trend of what is happening here and there are the same, at least for the ones I've seen.

Regardless, I appreciate your contribution to my issue.

Thanks!

8.8K Posts

February 26th, 2014 12:00

Houdini47

You can express your feelings using this form here.

Z........

10 Posts

March 3rd, 2014 11:00

And look at that.  Like I had said in my initial post, given the current trends, it would be pushed back to March 11th, and it has.  Even after a dell service rep reassured me it would be delivered by March 6th...

I suppose its normal to wait for over a month for a product.  So, come March 11th,  it will be pished back to March 14th.

This is absolutely ridiculous.

8.8K Posts

March 3rd, 2014 12:00

Houdini47

My opinion again, the  phone reps have no business guaranteeing you a delivery date.

As far as a month wait, I know of other companies that are taking this long to send out a system and they are very high on the totem pole of who's good and who's not so good in the product they put out.

Does this make you feel better?  Of course not, but I just wanted to let you know.

Z.........................

10 Posts

March 3rd, 2014 13:00

And I'm sure those companies let you know that before you order.  Regardless, I've already filed a complaint with an agency.  Dell has until the  end of the week to ship this computer or I'm cancelling the order and cancelling my Dell Preferred Account.  I'm tired of excuses, it's very obvious that dell has an issue with making these systems and being true to their word.

No Events found!