Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 16th, 2020 20:00

XPS 17 9700, speaker repair not available, next steps

Is anyone out there aware of the exact way to initiate a proceeding against Dell in relation to a defect in a laptop about which the period of repair is plainly indefinite based on serial communications from Dell. Although the warranty documents are, of course, full of warnings that the rights of consumers are limited by terms, I can nowhere find any information on the precise methodology for initiating a proceeding apart from oblique references to the AAA. It's site, however, not only contains no information that I could find, unsurprisingly, about Dell, it does state that commencing a proceeding on the site requires a payment but Dell naturally stresses that they pay all costs.  

16 Posts

October 2nd, 2020 19:00

I recently put up a post expressing a level of displeasure with Dell that was so serious, in relation to what I considered a true defect, that I asked for advice on how to commence a proceeding against the company. While my situation is not truly at this moment certain, even so, fair being fair, this post is launched to report to the community that it looks, at this moment anyway, like Dell has addressed my grievances with professionalism and genuine interest in my case. Assuming I successfully, when all is said and done, verify my ownership of the subject XPS 17 9700, it appears that Dell is going to do what I wanted, which is to replace this seemingly cursed, early production XPS 17 9700 with a brand new XPS 17 9700 configured and spec'd identically to this one. This XPS 17 9700 is, at this moment, only about 95 days old and has been frequently annoying, which is why I call it cursed. Dell's ultimate treatment of me, with all my grievances, does impress me and unsurprisingly does please me no end. This behavior merits, I feel, notice and should be, and I hope will be, to some extent at least, a comfort to this community. Lastly, I want to applaud the Dell operation in India. It has really always been professional, if not always significantly receptive to my grievances, but at the end of the day, Dell proved, when the rubber finally met the road, empathetic and ultimately amenable to furnishing the desired deliverable. That's what most matters. When the moment arrived for the crucial decision, Dell broke in this customer's direction. That's welcome news and hopefully will always be repeated.       

• 

25.1K Posts

September 16th, 2020 20:00

Thank you! We have received the required details. We will work towards a resolution via private messages to ensure the security of your information. In the meanwhile, you may receive assistance or suggestions from the community members as well.

No Events found!