Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 7th, 2023 16:00

XPS 8950, cannot extend the warranty?

So, my warranty expires on February 5, 2023. After clicking 'extend warranty' the page quotes me £138 (Exc Vat) for two years, which is an acceptable price. So I then click 'add to basket' and I am redirected to a page that requests my service tag which I enter and click proceed where I am asked to contact support to extend my plan,

I contacted support and explained the matter and they send me a message with a link to pay which when I click sends me back to the contact support page, so I contact support again and then they send me a quote for extending the warranty for 2 years at £219.60, I then send another message explaining that the quote is over £81 more expensive than the online quote, to which I get a reply stating just 'contact customer care, so I found the number and have so far spent nearly 4 hours trying to get the warranty for the price quoted online, but end up getting constantly transferred, cut-off or left hanging. 

Its pretty hard to believe that something so simple can be so frustrating and long-winded, its as though Dell don't want my money?

So my warranty is still expiring on February 5th with no hope of being able to extend it for the price quoted online.

January 14th, 2023 08:00

Finally I managed to find someone in the 'Warranty Department' who sorted the correct price and apologized for the problems I've received, so I got 2 years hardware warranty for £168.65 including VAT.

January 10th, 2023 18:00

So, I spent from 2pm -7pm making 28 calls to Dell Customer Service, being passed around from one person to another, diverted to extensions that didn’t pick up, sent back to same representative’s who couldn’t help me on a previous call who promptly disconnected my call when they realised who I was, I have now in despair had to message the representative who I originally messaged over a week ago who couldn’t help me and couldn’t get rid of me fast enough, so I don’t expect to get any further with this purchase. 

No Events found!