Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 11th, 2012 01:00

XPS One 24-Called a Liar/ Terrible Product / Multiple House Calls

Have an XPS One 24 that has had 3 Motherboards, and 1 hard drive replaced in the last month. Overheating issues, Video card Issues, etc etc.

Last Monday ( The 3rd ), The same tech who had been here the previous 2 times replaced the motherboard again and left.

2 hours after using it, the video card flaked out and I was looking at gibberish.

I called Dell Tech support, and as usual, the phone tag from one tech to the next before I got someone who supposedly would take care of me. ( funny the 2nd person to transfer me was in the US and would not take care of me--Computers purchased before the outsourcing for XPS Units should be grandfathered in for US support IMO)

This guy has issues reading the history or something and starts telling me that my motherboard had only been replaced once and that I was incorrect.

Now I am fairly patient, but the last thing anyone who wants to stay on my good side should do is call me a liar, and I make sure to tell him this. ( As if he really cares )

Now I need to inform You that I am a Dell technician, and have been for over 9 years now, with a Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering. It usually does save some time in diagnostic time I will admit, where other folks have to go through the script. ( my calls still usually are still long with multiple can I place you one hold for a minute )

The motherboard prior to this looked as if it had just been pulled and was caked with dust, debris, and the cooling fans were caked. I mentioned this and stated that at the very least someone could have blown it clean with some air. They of course argued with me about that fact also, and over and over again stated that they checked each and every product prior to shipping. I cannot help but laugh at stuff like this.

They will not allow me to work on my own personal computers, guess I should have mentioned that if anyone was wondering.

Anyways..

I ask for a replacement machine altogether as I have lost enough time and money, not to mention a wife who will not get off my back about this machine not working.

Easy enough to give me a desktop unit with proper cooling and be done with this. At this point a system exchange is without a question warranted, yet I keep getting the run around.

There is no longer any such thing as a New XPS One motherboard, whats being sent is not being QC-ed, support is quite lacking sadly, compared to even 2 years ago where another Dell was replaced after pretty much the same issues without any hassle whatsoever. ( same model  XPS One 24)

Was replaced with an Studio 8100 which has had no issues to date. service tag -- Feel free to verify this.

Its hard to answer questions from customers about how I feel about Dell with a straight face when I am doing onsites.

4 Posts

December 11th, 2012 08:00

Perhaps being taken care of. US support far exceeds Indonesian.( if you have to pay to get it, do so ) ( will update as it happens )

What it all comes down to is this...Service. Always has, and always will.

You take care of your customers, they will word of mouth you to the heavons for taking care of them. You screw them around, and over and more then likely not only have you lost them, but everyone they have chatted with or blogged to. This is nothing new, but seldom practiced anymore.

I have always been one who trys to keep something of the past alive in how I deal with customers.( Yes, my Dell customers also )

First name basis, respectable, on repeat calls respectable, friendly and more about taking care of not only the product but the customer themselves. Liken to the old days where when your TV busted, the TV repairman came out, and  he and your folks were like old friends and he knew everyone in the houses name including the animals. Thats caring, and we need more of this then the all business, push to sell, all about money attitudes that we now encounter everyday in modern times.

As stated, will update this as things happen. I would recommend if your not happy and not getting results with overseas support, pay the fee and get US based.

Mike

4 Posts

December 19th, 2012 14:00

Ok.

We are recieveing an XPS 2710 as a replacement model. Few odds and ends stuff needs top be added, such as TV tuner, ect, but was promised this would be added via an onsite visit.

We also get to keep warranty that is good through 12/13, and can add to it of course.

I still must admit, That if you get US support, its worth every dime.

Mike

7 Posts

December 19th, 2012 17:00

ok

No Events found!