Start a Conversation

Unsolved

R

1 Message

January 25th, 2019 17:00

eBay Best Buy purchase, cannot transfer ownership

I purchased an Alienware new open box from Best Buy on eBay. I have been trying to transfer ownership. Dell sold me a 3 year extended warranty on this laptop and now refusing to transfer ownership. They requested copies of paperwork from eBay and said on the e-mail, respond to this e-mail with proof attached. I attach and try to respond and then receive e-mail that said the e-mail they just told me to respond to no longer exists ?

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

January 30th, 2019 08:00

Thank you for your message. I apologize for the inconvenience surrounding the ownership transfer.

Although, my expertise is not on Alienware system, let me try to help you with the basic information on ownership transfer.

eBay is not an official retailer of Dell products, as you know there will be individuals selling these products online & this could be a pre-purchased system or a new system registered under the name of someone else.

For you to complete the ownership transfer you will need to provide the name on which the system is registered. For systems purchased through an authorized retailer, the system will be registered in the name of the retailer & when the system is purchased from them you will need to mention the retailer name as the previous owner & get the ownership transferred.

Maybe, in this case, the system is already registered to the person who bought this from Dell. When you are trying to change the ownership, the previous owner is not matching.

I can try to investigate this for you. For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

How to locate the service tag

No Events found!