Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 25th, 2016 12:00

international warranty transfer

Helo!

I would like to buy a refurbished Dell laptop from US Ebay. I live in Hungary, will I be able to transfer the warranty? The laptop I would like to buy is a Precision M6800.

Thanks, Peter

4 Operator

• 

9.4K Posts

April 26th, 2016 04:00

Hi petyusa,

Thanks for posting.

Here is some information about International Warranty:

The Dell International Services Program offers the security of knowing you can receive service and support when you travel with your Dell product outside your home country. To qualify for international service, you must purchase the Next Business Day On-site Response Service.

If you have relocated to a new country or are visiting another country for 6 months or more, please submit an international tag transfer.

If a product is not sold in the region or country, you will not get the support in that country. To get support you should return back to the product purchased country.

Hopefully you find this information helpful.  If you need additional assistance, please contact me privately.  Thanks

Regards,
Robert

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

April 26th, 2016 04:00

There are several requirements:

The current, registered owner MUST transfer the system into your name with Dell,

The warranty must have been upgraded at the time of purchase - the 12-month basic warranty doesn't transfer internationally;  a paid upgrade to a minimum of onsite service must be in place

In general, Complete Care insurance does not transfer internationally,

Not all warranties transfer internationally, and

As noted, the model must be sold in the market where you plan to use it.  Otherwise, warranty, parts and service are not available.

No Events found!