Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 14th, 2022 16:00

m15 R4, that is "Premium Support" for you

Last August I bought a laptop Alienware m15 R4, which has been nothing but trouble. In February this year, a technician came to replace the keyboard which wasn't working. After some hours working, a brand new keyboard in, still not working. Eventually, he found it had to do with an update in the BIOS - I think. It was software, not hardware.

Not long after that, the keyboard stops working and annoyed with the faulty product, I keep working with an external keyboard and mouse for a few months before calling support again. I spent 1h with Dell on the phone, and eventually, they decide to send another technician to replace the keyboard again.

I told the guy the issue wasn't hardware but he said they had to replace it anyway. He opens the laptop on one side and a user instruction on the other. It takes him over 4 hours to finish the job, clearly struggling with the parts, and looking confused and frustrated. In the end, he accidentally burned the motherboard, the computer was dead. He reminds me I'm on the Premium Support, it's a 24h turnaround, right? He checked with his senior over the phone and guarantees someone would sort it out the next day. The next communication I get is a "sorry but nothing we can do" type of email saying the parts were delayed with no ETA for arriving. I asked about a replacement and he said Dell only replaces machines when they die. Hello? Mine seems pretty dead now.

It's been a week. So far, I turned down one contract work. I need a backup computer, I know, it's on the list - but I can assure you it won't be from Dell.

There. They will help you - unless they won't. Then you look for a channel to make a complaint and there is none. No ombudsman, no one interested. So, I'll leave my story here in case it helps someone else.

• 

17K Posts

June 23rd, 2022 03:00

Update = After completing troubleshooting, a DELL-Cares agent setup a part replacement.

No Events found!