Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 8th, 2018 04:00

[solved] How do I activate my Premium Support for SupportAssist?

I have the Premium Support service plan that came with my XPS 13 9370 laptop that I purchased a month ago.

Long story short, I had to do a clean install of Windows 10 because the latest Windows update (1803) botched my system. I downloaded and installed Dell SupportAssist, but there is no profile option to sign in, no option to create a ticket, and the "Optimize My System" tile is inactive (these were working before the reinstall). According to the "Dell SupportAssist for PCs User’s Guide", my SupportAssist application is running in "Basic" mode, but it should be in "Premium Support" mode. How do I enable Premium Support?

9 Posts

May 8th, 2018 16:00

Well this seems to have sorted itself out. The "Optimize My System" tile magically worked the following day, and clicking it opened up a new window where I could register.

Attention Dell: I must say, this application is not designed very well - you should be able to log in on the first window. Also, my previous support ticket does not show, so I imagine it is on a per installation basis, but it should really display all tickets on an account basis.

No Events found!