Start a Conversation

Unsolved

S

1 Message

March 17th, 2021 14:00

stuck in customs clearance

My order has been stuck in customs clearance for the last 3 days. ups is supposedly holding the order pending info from Dell. It's pretty unacceptable that I selected expedited shipping for the order to stall due Dell's failure to insure that its packages clear customs on arrival. I contacted customer care only to be given a we're working on it stock answer. I starting to feel that I should have gone with Apple after all. 

1 Message

March 26th, 2021 10:00

I am in the same situation. I ordered a Dell laptop and ups said it's stuck in customs for the past 3 days. I also got expedited shipping that they won't refund due to covid 19. Quite disappointed especially after ordering there overpriced gaming laptops. 

• 

25.2K Posts

March 26th, 2021 17:00

Hi,

I'm very sorry to hear of what has happened. This is not the experience we want our customers to have.

Could you provide the Order # and the registered owner's name via direct message? I'll have it checked right away.

-Susanna

• 

25.2K Posts

March 31st, 2021 14:00

Hi,

I haven’t heard from you since our last conversation.  As I do not have the order details to assist you further, I'll be closing the case for now.

If you still need our assistance, we are here for you our support team is available Monday to Friday.

-Susanna

April 29th, 2021 08:00

Can you tell me the average length of delay in Customs?  Am I looking at a six-month delay?  Six days?  Can you promise that I will get it in that timeframe?  Meanwhile, am I expected to shut up and wait?

April 29th, 2021 08:00

I ordered an XPS on 4/5 and paid for expedited delivery by the 16th.  When it did not show up, I contacted Order Support and learned that they cannot or will not help.

My laptop is stuck in customs.  Dell says it cannot make any changes until I receive the laptop and I can't get the laptop because it is stuck in China.  China!?  I thought Dell made its products in the US.

Dell must think it has a very cool order system because it's all automated.  The system works for Dell but not its customers.  

If anyone knows how to get Dell's attention in the US so I can get my laptop out of China or from a different inventory (how has this become my problem?), please let me know.

10 Elder

• 

23.5K Posts

April 29th, 2021 11:00

No one can estimate the length of time, but given all the international shipping delays, it is probable the system was shipped through a logistics site other than the one initially planned.  And yes, the notebook was built in China.

The sole remaining supplier of notebooks -- and only some ThinkPad models -- assembled in the US is Lenovo.  Just about everything else comes from China or in the case of LG and Samsung, Vietnam or South Korea.

April 30th, 2021 08:00

Dell took my order on 4/5/21. Still have not received it.

April 30th, 2021 17:00

ejn63: I looked at some of your posts, as you are a Gold rank, and it seems that you are a Dell apologist. I need my laptop, not apologies and excuses.

1 Rookie

• 

1 Message

May 1st, 2024 09:01

I am in the same boat here, bought an alienware laptop, paid for expedite shipping, delivery date on the 29th, still held on warehouse scans. Contacted UPS told me there is nothing to do, contacted dell and they told me that the order supposedly already cleared customs. Starting to feel that I am going in circles here. 

No Events found!