Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 22nd, 2013 18:00

unable to verify service tag?

When I enter the Service Tag, the Dell Support site displays the following error:
"We were unable to verify the Service Tag or Express Service Code you have entered. Please verify your entry or choose one of the options to the right. If you recently purchased a system, please try again in 48 hours."
This is for a laptop that I purchased in 2011. It has never been able to verify this service tag.

4 Operator

• 

2K Posts

January 23rd, 2013 03:00

Hi nelliebutton,

This issue might happen if the computer is not registered properly. I request you to send me the system service tag, Account holder name, Place of purchase, Date of purchase, Shipping address, phone number and email address through private message. If the Computer is not registered I will register it and will let you know what needs to be done.

I have added you as a friend. Please accept my friend request by clicking on my name highlighted in blue and then click on “Friends” tab at the top and then click on “Request to Review” and finally click on “Accept” button.

I am sending you a private message as well. Click on “Inbox” to respond to the message and provide system’s Service Tag and contact details so I may access your system records and check for further course of action. You could also click on Start Conversation to send a private message.

3 Posts

January 25th, 2013 18:00

Hi Kiran,

Could you also help me with same issue?

Because when I tried to register I had message that it is already registered.

Matus

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

January 25th, 2013 19:00

matus,

This also occurs if the system was sold in another region. For example, if a system sold out of europe, our US tag site cannot see it.

3 Posts

February 2nd, 2013 22:00

When I enter the Service Tag, the Dell Support site displays the following error:
"We were unable to verify the Service Tag or Express Service Code you have entered. Please verify your entry or choose one of the options to the right. If you recently purchased a system, please try again in 48 hours."

4 Operator

• 

2K Posts

February 4th, 2013 00:00

Hi arun12590,

This issue might happen if the computer is not registered properly. I request you to send me the system service tag, Account holder name, Place of purchase, Date of purchase, Shipping address, phone number and email address through private message. If the Computer is not registered I will register it and will let you know what needs to be done.

I have accepted the friend request. So you can just click on my name and send a private message.

1 Message

February 25th, 2013 08:00

I am having a similar issue.  I bought a Dell R710 over two years ago and it has been working perfectly up until now (even now it is working just fine, but it has rebooted itself twice in the last five days and I wanted to ask support to look at it - it has extended on site, next day replacement service for another 250+ days.)

When I contacted support this morning, they told me it had been registered to someone else (which I believed to be the case when on bought it on 1/10/2011, which was about 3 months after it shows it was originally put into service).

They said they can't help me, at all, until that warranty/ownership is transferred.

Since I bought it from a reseller, I have no idea who the prior owner was.

I asked the support rep if the could send a quick message to the prior registered owner asking them to get in touch with me (I wasn't trying to get their identity through Dell) and they said, "That would be a violation of our privacy agreement..."

I responded (again), "I do not want to know who they are, I am simply asking Dell to send them a quick email and ask them to contact me and I give you permission to give out my name, phone number, company name, etc.)

I love this server and have been a big fan of Dell (since the early, EARLY days when it was called PC's Limited - yes, I am that old!), but this is a royal pain in the whatever...

Any help you can provide would be most appreciated.

Duane K. Siebert - Phone number removed per privacy policy>

Email id removed per privacy policy>

4 Operator

• 

2K Posts

February 26th, 2013 23:00

Hi TheRefillMan,

Request you to use the below link to have the ownership transferred to your name. Before that source all the original owner’s information required to fill the form.

http://dell.to/qWPfTV 

If you have further questions do reply to the same post.

To know more about Dell’s products, services and drivers & downloads, please go to http://dell.to/QjjZDA

1 Message

January 19th, 2018 09:00

hi, I'm also having the same problem and I bought this laptop from Muscat, Oman. can u please help me verify this problem and also this laptop has been giving me lot of trouble such as slow performance, GPU problems, CPU problems. also can u please give me the direct email address of the dell support so that I can contact them too.

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

January 22nd, 2018 17:00

Thank you for your message. I will be glad to assist you on this.

Please click on the message tab – click new message & search for my Dell username (Dell-Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name,  email address & the present region you are in.

1 Message

February 8th, 2018 05:00

I was trying to reinstall windows 7 on my Intuos 1545 when it crashed, then when I went to the recovery tool I entered in my service tag and it said "No OS images defined for this product" what do i do

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

February 11th, 2018 20:00

Thank you for your message.

This model does not have OS version available for download & the only option is for you to purchase a recovery drive from the out of warranty team.

Please click on the message tab – click new message & search for my Dell username (Dell-Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.  I will look into this & share the right contact details for the out of warranty team.

No Events found!