Trying to configure a new server, or OptiPlex desktop takes absolutely forever. Wanted to upgrade memory on a server config, and it took almost 1 full minute to release the browser screen. What happen to the old configuration that worked.
Come on Dell; it's 2017. It's time to make something that works.
I absolutely agree. The Dell server and workstation configuration process is a total nightmare. It doesn't matter what computer we are on, or what location we are at, the process is such a waste of time. You would think Dell has had countless email or phone calls calling for them to fix the issues. It also doesn't matter what browser we try to use. What used to be a fairly painless process has turned into a real disaster. You would think a tech company would be aware and fix this issue. I wonder how many people have given up during the miserable process and purchased an HP server in the end.
I am still having the same problem. it takes me an hour to configure 1 server, waiting 30+ seconds every time I click something on the screen. And it constantly forgets the changes I have already made.
The website is horrible. I have tried on 3 different occasions for 3 different customers on different dates to configure a server for a customer and the website was so slow that I just gave up and went to HP for a system. They cost more but the ease of configuring and ordering is so much smoother that it's worth it in my opinion. I don't know about y'all but my time is valuable and the more I have to wasted it, the less I can get done and that's not a luxury I can afford. Dell please fix your website. Go back to the old site please.
Heck, I may try to use one of those website archive sites to bring up Dell's old site just so I can configure and purchase from them. lol
The configuration tool is now horribly slow. The previous version has been a competitive advantage of Dell. Current one is impossibly slow. I can't configure any server. For instance, I click to change memory from 4GB module to 8GB module - wait 30 seconds, Firefox says "this page is slowing your browser". Then both 4GB and 8GB modules are selected. I change the count for 8GB modules. It freezes again for 30 seconds, updates the count. Then I remove selection from the 4GB modules and ... it drops the counter to 1 for 8GB modules. Then I select that I need 4 modules with 8GB and... in 30 seconds it shows me 1 4GB module and 1 8GB module.
Unbelievable, how they've screwed up the configuration tool. Old one was working for years and was very usable. Please roll it back to the previous version or fix the slowness. It's unusable.
I need to configure 8 different servers. In previous interface it would have taken something like 30 minutes. Now I feel like it will be easier to do in HP interface or IBM/Lenovo.