Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 25th, 2010 08:00

AX100 write cache disabled....HELP!

We had problems with our AX100 - rebuilt one of the SPs using the customised document off dell/emc support site.

Everything is working again now, except the write cache is disabled. All the components report as Normal, the disks are Transitioning because we're building some virtual disks on them.

The event log reports this every time an SP reboots:

"A disk drive CRU signature error occurred. A server may have lost access to virtual disks on that disk drive. See the AX-series troubleshooting documentation to resolve the error."

Event Code 0x0951

Is this CRU signature the reason why the write cache is disabled and if so how do I fix it?

All suggestions gratefully received!!!!

4 Operator

• 

9.3K Posts

January 25th, 2010 10:00

Check each and every virtual disk (one at a time obviously) and see if there's an option to bring the virtual disk online. If there is, select this.

Then see if the write cache will re-enable.

8 Posts

January 26th, 2010 00:00

Thanks. All the virtual disks are online. Everything reports "normal".

But still no write cache I'm afraid...

8 Posts

January 26th, 2010 01:00

OK - I've got more detail on the error through the email alerts generated...looks as though we still have a problem with disks 0 and 1...

Event 951 has occurred on storage system FCNPR052600097 for device Enclosure 0 Disk 0 at 01/26/10 09:00:18 The event description is: A disk drive CRU signature error occurred. A server may have lost access to virtual disks on that disk drive. See the AX-series troubleshooting documentation to resolve the error.

Event 951 has occurred on storage system FCNPR052600097 for device Enclosure 0 Disk 1 at 01/26/10 08:59:56 The event description is: A disk drive CRU signature error occurred. A server may have lost access to virtual disks on that disk drive. See the AX-series troubleshooting documentation to resolve the error.

4 Operator

• 

9.3K Posts

January 26th, 2010 04:00

You'll need to create a case with Dell|EMC support as those type of errors are either a real easy fix (bring an offline virtual disk online) or can take some work (seems more likely now, in your case).

8 Posts

January 26th, 2010 05:00

Thanks again!

We've got a case open with Dell now - was rather hoping it wasn't anything too serious...hopes dashed!!!

Oh well...we shall persevere with it.

If/when Dell fix it, I'll post what was done.

No Events found!