Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 24th, 2007 16:00

Calculating SAN Statistics

Hello Everyone, I am sure some one must have done this before and might be able to guide me on this, I need to collect details like throughput/bandwidth/data transfer of our current AX100i SAN for the purpose of estimating our needs for future SAN. Is there any tool,procedure or something which can help in collecting these details? Thanks in advance. Regards, Lai Bhari

4 Operator

• 

9.3K Posts

July 25th, 2007 17:00

The AX-series itself doesn't provide any such numbers or tools.

You'd have to use host-side tools for this.

19 Posts

July 25th, 2007 18:00

hmmm... i was hoping to have something like this as part of good storage technology..nevertheless i will need to figure out what kind of tests can give me these values..any ideas on this?

4 Operator

• 

9.3K Posts

July 25th, 2007 21:00

@laibhari wrote:
hmmm... i was hoping to have something like this as part of good storage technology..

The AX series is a low end SAN solution. Dell|EMC offers (optional purchase) Navisphere Analyzer on their midrange to high end Clariion systems.

As for which tools, benchmarking is hard to do, as each benchmark (program) will have it's own favorites and none really reflect real-life situations.

Check with the vendor of the software you're running for some suggestions on benchmark applications for your setup.

If you're using Windows, perfmon can provide some information, but I'm not sure you can do a whole lot with it.

38 Posts

July 31st, 2007 12:00

analyzer is not supported on the ax100.

6 Posts

July 31st, 2007 20:00

Try to use IOMETER in in of the host connected to the AX.

It is a good and free tool.

No Events found!