Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 13th, 2018 22:00

Dell MD3200 add disk

Hi, 

our customer have  PowerVault MD3200 External SAS RAID 12 Bays Array with Dual Controllers (4 Ports per Controller). They have 4 x 3 TB disk in RAID-5 with Hot-Spare disk configuration. Now they buy new 4 x 6 TB disk and I install them in SAN. After installation I choose new disk Group, configure RAID-5 without Hot-Spare disk, start initialize and done. There was necessary to choose LUN (I don't know what is that and I choose 255). I read somewhere that it is necessary to change RAID Controller module same like previous RAID so I change and that, but still I can't see my new storage in Disk Management and I can't used. I attach and image with my Host Mappings. Please help me how to show my new storage and use it normalHost Mappings.jpg

• 

7.1K Posts

May 14th, 2018 08:00

Hello RumenMR,

Did you do create the host to virtual disk mapping for your new virtual disk?  Here is a link to the administrator guide & if you look on page 86 it explains hot to modify your host mappings.  http://downloads.dell.com/manuals/common/md32xx_md36xx_administrator%20guide_en%20us.pdf

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

3 Posts

May 15th, 2018 02:00

Hi Sam, 

Yes I do mapping. I attach new storage in host group "HOST PACS" like my old storage (you can see that on PrtSc from previous post). In old storage that name is STORAGE for LUN is choose 0. I can't use 0 again for my new storage and I choose 255. When I go to Windows Disk Management and give Rescan Disk I can't see my new storage with name PACSNew. Also I try to change host group on Default Group with 0 LUN, but when I press OK I receive error "Error 524 - Mapping to the default host group is not allowed because the storage partition feature is enabled."

3 Posts

May 15th, 2018 04:00

Hi Sam, 

I change LUN from 255 to 1 and after that in Server Manager -> File and Storage Services -> Volumes -> Disks I see my new storage, bring Online and after that give Drive Letter and now work. Many thanks for support!!!!

No Events found!