Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 11th, 2016 17:00

Dell PowerVault 124T

Hi, i am new in dell world and i have a concern regarding powervault 124t tape loader. My Robotic library is DELL PV-124 T and my Tape Drive is IBM Ultrium-HH4. i have a backup solution called backup exec 15 installed on my dell power edge 320. everytime i run backup the state always turn offline and the error message is "Robotic Library destination element full error" does i have a problem with robotic library or in tape drive or on my backupexec 15 backup solution?

i already test using  ITDT graphical Edition and this software detects the IBM ultrium HH4 tape drive. 

• 

7.1K Posts

January 13th, 2016 12:00

Hello wvillabroza,

The error message that you are getting is that a tape is trying to insert a tape into the drive and it is not able to as most likely there is already a tape in the drive. What you can do is if you have access to the web utility for your PV124T then you can check & see how many tapes are in the system and also see if there is a tape in the drive. If you don’t have the web utility configured then you can also use the operator control panel to see if there is a tape in the drive & if there is then you can eject it out the drive & move it to an empty slot or out the mailslot. Here is also a link to the user’s guide and if you need to setup the utility it has some step by step instructions on how that can be done. http://downloads.dell.com/Manuals/all-products/esuprt_ser_stor_net/esuprt_powervault/powervault-124t_User%27s%20Guide10_en-us.pdf

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

No Events found!