Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 16th, 2017 05:00

Creating Dynamic interface group in DD2200 with ethMc and eth0a

Hi All,

Hope you well. Customer want to use ethMc 1Gbps ( 1 out of 4 build in ports ethMa ethMb ethMc ethMd)  and one of the ports from quad port Ethernet module(on slot 0) lets say eth0a in a for virtual failover interface for DDboost etc.

Can i use these combination of ports in a Dynamic interface group? Is this allowed?  I couldn't find any document demonstrating this. If any document exist please direct me to this.

Any assistance much appreciated!

Kind regards
Meera

Message was edited by: meerakalid

208 Posts

May 16th, 2017 06:00

Can you please clarify your question?

A virtual failover port between 2 interfaces, it's not really the same as an ifgroup or dynamic ifgroup.

A failover interface would see 2x physical NIC's under a virtual port as - say - veth0 and one IP applied to it.

A dynamic interface group would assign 2x different NIC's with 2 different IP's as members of the ifgroup - that can be used in DDBoost.

Regards, Jonathan

7 Posts

May 16th, 2017 06:00

Hello Janathan,

Thank you so much for the answer much appreciated!  I am little confused with customer requirement as well.

Customer notes noted below he gave me one IP like 10.x.x.x

''Wants IP 10.x.x.x assigned  veth0 (ethMc + one port from the 4 port quad card) (virtual failover interface) registered with backup applications''

now is looks like your explanation ''A failover interface would see 2x physical NIC's under a virtual port as - say - veth0 and one IP applied to it''? But the confused part is ''registered with backup applications''

Kind regards

Meera

19 Posts

May 16th, 2017 08:00

typically it is the IP/hostname that is registered with the backup software for communication that needs to be highly available.

e.g.

veth0: ethMa, eth0a <- used for backup software registration (and backups)

ethMb - backup interface

eth0b -

then one ifgroup with all of them  ifgroup: IPs for veth0, eth3,eth4 - which will give 3Gbps total bandwidth.

-e

7 Posts

May 16th, 2017 08:00

Hi,

Thanks a million for the reply.  Just to confirm Have you seen or done veth0: with one port on build in NIC like ethMc, and another port from added I/O module like port eth0a of quad port 1Gbps? just i can't find any doc mentioning this

Kind regards

Meera

19 Posts

May 17th, 2017 12:00

no i have not. but check the DDOS admin guide.  i recall reading documentation about mixing copper with fiber and/or 1Gbps with 10Gbps.

cheers,

-e

No Events found!