Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 27th, 2018 03:00

DD Oracle Agent deployment.

We are in process of replacing Oracle RMAN to NFS (HP) share to DD Agent for Oracle.

Having No / limited knowledge in Oracle domain for which I am asked to integrate it with DD.

DD Model     : DD6300 (Replicating to identical box on a remote site)

DD OS          : 6.0.2.20-587212

Need to write backup copy to Physical Tape as well.

**(DD is already working perfectly for Veeam using DDBoost and also having a remote replicated copy as mentioned.)

===================================

**Oracle RAC Details from its build document.

Oracle Solaris 11.2 for SPARC 64-bit OS. (11.2.9.5.0)

Recovery Manager: Release 11.2.0.4.0 – Production and configured for daily full backup.

Multi Node HA Cluster.

High Availability Infrastructure: Oracle Cluster-ware and ASM software for Oracle Database.

There are Two DB servers and Two Application Servers configured.

===================================

Questions:

1. What is the recommended DD topology. (Install agents on all nodes.? / Otherwise) - Currently I understand the backups were cascaded; meaning that more than one oracle servers were dumping data internally to one server and that final server was offloading the data to the NSF Share.
  2. What is the recommended / Compatible Agent version.
  3. Any specific steps / Procedure to achieve the integration.?
  4. Replication should be configured separately using MTree.? Otherwise?
  5. How can we write data to tape.? Veeam Can read from a share and write to tape. I am assuming the DD Agent share can also be assigned with NFS / CIFS share protocol and that should allow Veeam to see the content and take it from there.?!!
  6. Any best practices recommendations are most appreciable.

If there are any further information needed to answer above please let me know.

I can be reached at syedmahdiali @ hotmail.com ! 

85 Posts

June 11th, 2018 10:00

download the DDBEA Oracle integration guide, it will get you version numbers and setup for lockbox, or you could just use NFS.

You cannot tape out from DDBEA, but you could have another application access the mtree and move files to tape.

You can either replicate data via mtree replication, or you can have Oracle write a copy to two Data Domains.

No Events found!