Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 9th, 2016 11:00

DDVE 2.0 Compatibilty Guide

Is DDVE v2 going to be added to the compatibility guide?  Or is it assumed it will be supported if the application supports DD OS 5.7 and doesn't require features not included in DDVE?

39 Posts

February 10th, 2016 14:00

Yes, DD VE will be added to the compatibility guide. The support is very much similar to DD OS 5.7, but the  DD OS 5.7.30 (used by DD VE 2.0)  is being certified with various app versions. 

Have you configured DD VE? What backup apps are you using to test DD VE?

73 Posts

February 10th, 2016 15:00

Yes I have configured DD VE in a lab and so far its working great.  Right now I'm using it with VDP 6.1 which isn't certified for 5.7 but seams to be working fine.  It would be nice if VDP had a version certified with DDOS 5.7.

I'd like to test Networker, AVE and Enterpise apps.  My time is limited because I'm in the middle of several projects right now.

39 Posts

February 10th, 2016 19:00

Good to know that its working well. We do plan to certify DD VE with VDP 6.1.

What kind of storage are you using in your testing? Is it direct attached, SAN/NAS?

73 Posts

February 11th, 2016 11:00

Good to know that the plan is to certify VDP.  Currently testing on VNX5200 fiber channel.  I believe primarily NL  I would like to test it with slower storage if I get time.

I anticipate this will be a good fit at remote branches and smaller customers.  These scenarios generally don't have the fastest storage.  My initial thought is it looks like DD VE scales better than VDP\AVE.  Max size is bigger and comparable sizes require less disk performance.

No Events found!