Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 18th, 2017 16:00

DDVE Free edition filesystem size

I have deployed the community edition of DDVE, and installed the licence which comes with the download. when creating the  filesystem i get the following error:

Total size of devices in the active tier is greater than licensed capacity used due to file system overhead.

The Active tier is 0.45TB, the licence is for 0.5 TB.

What am I missing???

Any help would be appreciated.

DJ

9 Posts

July 7th, 2017 12:00

Hi Pere

You need to add additional storage. The disks which are configured during deployment are system disks so you need to add additional disk for your data.

Hope this helps

30 Posts

May 23rd, 2017 06:00

Hi DJ,

File system overhead is essentially space which is required for DDFS metadata (i.e. on disk indices, RAID data, and so on). The following document should help you to determine the maximum amount of disk space you can add for a given license: https://support.emc.com/kb/491215

If possible please can you take a look through that and see if it helps?

Thanks, James

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

May 25th, 2017 03:00

It's all about TB to TiB conversion.

DD always reports net useable capacity based on TiB.

1 Message

June 23rd, 2017 14:00

I am running into exactly the same issue when deploying the HyperV version of the DDVE.. I deploy it with the included powershell script and when I try to create the filesystem to setup an LSU, it fails. It would be great if any of the Support guys at DataDomain could chime in to assist.

DDVE_Filesys_Failure.JPG.jpg

July 7th, 2017 10:00

Hi - curious if this has been rectified.  Seeing identical behavior a a newly deployed VMware instance.  Completely stock, no additional storage presented to the VM.  The default config includes a 250GB OS vmdk, and a 10GB vmdk which I'm assuming is what should be used for data.

Thanks

Pete

July 11th, 2017 18:00

Every now and then I should RTM.  Thanks! 

26 Posts

July 12th, 2017 02:00

Hi Pete,

I had the exact same brain wave!!!

Glad I could help.

1 Message

August 18th, 2020 00:00

Hi All,

I am facing the same issue, added additional disk however still getting the same error.

Kindly assist if we need to add disk of some specific capacity.

luvero

1 Message

September 8th, 2022 00:00

same issue here

February 29th, 2024 18:51

Had to adding additional storage and use disk type "thick provisioned eager zero" to add the storage and bypass

cloud tier requirement. 

No Events found!