Start a Conversation

Unsolved

4 Posts

November 13th, 2018 16:00

Data Domain for Software Distribution

Can I use Data Domain for software distribution?  I have (1) Data Domain at the primary data center, and (95) DDVEs located in 95 different branch offices.  Can I place a file in a folder at the primary data center and replicate the folder contents to these 95 DDVEs?  What is the cap on the one to many replications? The idea is to maybe use data domain for backup of the branches and software distribution to the branches.  Kill two birds with one stone. 

85 Posts

Deploy DDMC for free and it can manage your upgrades from a single screen

4 Posts

The need is to distribute VMware, Windows, Linux, firmware and other software packages/updates to 95 locations

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

November 13th, 2018 18:00

We use the DD to store all our DR doco and replicate it to remote DD for DR purposes. Just create a CIF share and put all your doco/software in there, then setup access to the CIFS from your remote site servers, or you can replicate the CIFS to the DDVE at the remote site

4 Posts

November 14th, 2018 09:00

So can I create a folder, place it on the central Data Domain, replicate the folder/contents to 95 DDVEs?  The branches can in turn access the folder using CIFS or NFS?

Also is there a cap on the "one to many"?  Can I replicate a single folder from a single Data Domain to let's say, a thousand branches/DDVEs?

173 Posts

November 16th, 2018 02:00

The count of replication streams per system depends upon the processing power of the Data Domain system on which they are configured. Smaller, less powerful systems can be limited to only 15 source and 20 destination streams, while the most powerful Data Domain system can handle over 200 streams.

Lukas

No Events found!