We found some Data Domain System Managers showed their Resource in GiB, and some showed their Resource in TiB. (Data Management > File System > Summary > Space Usage)
Does anybody know what makes this difference? How to change it (from displaying GiB to TiB, or TiB to GiB)?
FYI: It does not depend on DDOS version. We found both TiB and GiB output even though they were running the same DDOS (126.96.36.199).
FYI: I checked any difference between TiB and GiB shown DD using CLI command such as "filesys show space" and "config show all" but could not find any difference
It's hard to tell based on the highlighting circle but I believe these are possibly brand new DD's with practically no data written.
They will match when you write more data probably.
"Brand new DD's" = "newer model"?
Is it mean that the display is different in each model?
In this case, both a DD160, we are using the DDOS188.8.131.52.
When writing of data has increased, we are recognized as being displayed in TiB.
Does this would be that specification?
Sorry - I didn't explain properly - my apologies...
What I meant to say more specifically is that they are new filesystems on these DD's with practically no data stored.
One has stored under 1Tb - so it shows the figure in Gb because it's more appropriate to illustrate the data stored accurately.
The other is completely empty, so shows Tb to begin with.
When you store a few Gb - it will show that in Gb and then when both exceed 1Tb - they will both illustrate in Tb figures and so will match.
Then they will both match as 1Tb figures - does that make sense?
Thank you jbrooksuk-san for detailed explanation.
It sounds reasonable but I could find some cases that cannot apply to what you explained....
For example, the below two screenshots are okay.
However, the below two are not...
I did see this on much older code and it did balance out after some data was written but I see your point - DD160a and DD160b should both match and do not. They are equivalent in used space and DDOS code version.
OK, I know we had an issue that was definitely rolled into 5.5 code, which is part of much larger changes - I think that explains your 184.108.40.206 system (you may want to upgrade that to DA-R 220.127.116.11 - which you will need to request).
I actually thought that there were decimal place issues also resolved in 18.104.22.168 but looking deeper - it looks like something else was captured into 22.214.171.124 and that should be minimum target - which is odd because you don't have this issue on the DDR running 126.96.36.199(!).
It is possible that you have some cached code in your browser from before you upgraded DDOS... if indeed you upgraded DDOS.
Can you clear cache in your browser and re-check - or try another browser.
188.8.131.52 is GA code in that family - as a final step - maybe a DDOS upgrade may be a good plan, that code should definitely align all your DDR's.
However, please clear browser cache first to validate.
Please let us know how you get on.