Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 15th, 2012 01:00

Adding DataDomain system to DPA

Hi All,

I am trying to add a DataDomain system to a new install DPA server.   I follow below step from the DPA Admin Guide. 

SNMP must be enabled on the EMC Data Domain backup appliance. You also need to

set the community string. This can be done from the command line.

To enable SNMP on the EMC Data Domain appliance:

1. Log on to the EMC Data Domain appliance console using the sysadmin account.

2. Enter the following commands:

snmp add ro-community

yes

snmp enable

After adding the DataDomain system, there was nothing show on the DPA.  When i try to test the DataDomain Configuration, i just get aapiSNMPOpen() failed error.

When i add the DataDomain system to DPA, seems there was no where to add the address of my DataDomain.  Is it normal?

Do anyone have items?

1 Attachment

544 Posts

March 15th, 2012 01:00

Hi,

After running the snmp add ro-community community-string command , Did you set that community string as the Data Domain Credentials for the requests in DPA ?

Thanks,

Ahmed Bahaa

8 Posts

March 15th, 2012 02:00

Hi Ahmed,

Yes, entered, but still get the same error.

How can i verify the setting?

Thanks for your reply

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

March 20th, 2012 10:00

Hi,

Can I ask which version of DPA you are using please as if you upgrade to 5.7 (or above I believe) you will need to create new SSH credentials to access DataDomain (see page 52 and 53 of the DPA 5.8 Admin Guide). In addition are the trap hosts configured correctly on the DataDomain and using ports 161 and 162 and finally have you downloaded the MIB from the DataDomain and placed it in the MIB directory on your DPA server?

Regards

Andy

8 Posts

March 20th, 2012 18:00

Hi All,

Thanks for your reply.

I just found that for the name of the connection, i should enter the host name of my DD.  Now i can connect to my DD in DPA.

No Events found!