Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 21st, 2011 01:00

Backup Success Rates...

Apologies if this is a simplistic question, I'm relatively new to customised DPA report writing.

I'm attempting to create a report which is very similar to Backup Job Summary, but shows cumulatively the breakdown of the metric based on the collectors/nodes reporting underneath it?

I think this is best illustrated by example.

I would like a Job Summary report for a group of servers, which is proviced by the standard Backup Job Summary report, but then find a way to demostrate how that metric can be broken down. Eg. if there are 5 backup environments making that report, find a way to demonstrate it, either through drill down or in a single matrix.

(Completed/Succeeded/Failed/Active/Success Rate%)

Overall estate (all 5 servers)

500/490/10/0/98%

server 1

100/100/0/0/100%

server 2

100/90/10/0/90%  <--- it's this one that is causing the overall metric to be 98%

server 3

100/100/0/0/100%

server 4

100/100/0/0/100%

server 5

100/100/0/0/100%

If anybody could provide any guidance, it would be appreciated. The report card delivers something similar, but if there are 1000's of backup clients it's somewhat more difficult to generate, and I'm specifically after a Success Rate % by backup environment.

141 Posts

November 21st, 2011 02:00

Hi Martin,

To generate the Backup Job Summary report with 1 row per server you would need to:

- edit the existing Backup Job Summary report

- on each of the Backup Statistics data sources you need to edit them and select the Group By tab and select Server

- for the Num Jobs in Event State data source you need to replace this with the Num Jobs in Event State by Server data source and make sure all the tabs are set the same as the original

You can then add a Summary row so that it will give you the Num Completed, Successful, etc for all of the rows.

Thanks

David

David Russell

EMC Technical Support

No Events found!