Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

I

November 7th, 2011 07:00

Custom Report on TSM Policy Domains

Hi guys,

I have many custom TSM Policy Domains, but I cannot seem to filter any reporting using them. I also cannot get the Policy Domains to be used when i create a customer report.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Ivor

141 Posts

November 7th, 2011 07:00

Hi Ivor,

In DPA a TSM Policy Domain is called a Group and stored in the Group field in the reports. The backup job level reports should have a Group field which you can filter on and for the configuration/status reports you would need to use the Backup Server Mapping data source to get the relationship between server, group and client.

Thanks

David

David Russell

EMC Technical Support

5 Posts

December 15th, 2011 08:00

Hi David

Thanks for the reply and apologies for the delay in coming back to you. I don't have the Source 'Backup Job Type', but will look at toher options and let you know.

Regards

Ivor

5 Posts

December 19th, 2011 04:00

Hi again

OK, so I got the inital bit to work so I can filter nodes per domain (group)> Part 2 is eluding me. I need to take the aforementioned result and filter for errors in TSM activity log (application  error details), but the fields don't amtch up properly.

Any ideas?

37 Posts

January 4th, 2012 11:00

Can you be specific about which sources you're using and which columns you're using from those?

I will say, I'm not always pleased with how DPA parses TSM activity logs to identify a client -- or a storage agent-- inferred in an entry, but I have no idea if that's your problem or not. (To be fair, I haven't dug deeply into my concerns, so don't take me too seriously without doing your own testing.)

5 Posts

January 9th, 2012 07:00

Hi Nick,

I agree, TSM info is not ideal. DPA should parse the ACTLOG table and the SUMAARy table not either or.

Anyway, essentially I need to convert this select statement:

SELECT date_time,nodename, session, message FROM ACTLOG WHERE date(date_time)>=date(current_timestamp-1 day) AND (ORIGINATOR='CLIENT') AND (MSGNO not between 4991 and 4999) and (severity!='I') and nodename in (select node_name from nodes where domain_name like '%DAILY' or domain_name like '%MTHLY' or domain_name like '%WEEKLY') ORDER BY nodename

I have it working without the domain_name conditions. I use Backup Job Config to get the group info, but when I merge Application Errors it all goes wrong.

No Events found!