Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 16th, 2016 08:00

Custom report without de-duplication

Hi

How or where I must modifed the "Backup all jobs" report to display the real protected backup data instead of the de-duplication?

I use the report "All clients" for customizing.

Thanks for any hints

1.2K Posts

March 16th, 2016 13:00

You need to use a Custom Template for your report that includes the field "Size Scanned".  This field is the total data was scanned on the client for the resulting backup.

Basically, when you create your Custom Template, go to Table Format and select Format Columns :

2016-03-16 16_30_54-Data Protection Advisor - Internet Explorer.png

Then, in Format Columns, check the box for Size Scanned.

2016-03-16 16_31_32-Data Protection Advisor - Internet Explorer.png

When you run your report now, you will see the size of the data on each client that was scanned for backup.  This is pre-processed, non-deduplicated data:

2016-03-16 16_19_51-Data Protection Advisor - Internet Explorer.png

The image might be hard to see, but I have a client with 3.9TB of data scanned, which resulted in only 51GB being backed up.

Let us know if that helps!

Karl

14 Posts

March 16th, 2016 14:00

It also depends on what you are after. If you are the Front End Backup Capacity i.e. The largest Full Backup for each server, there is a Default report called "Estimated Protected Capacity".

This will give you an the Estimated Backup Size of each Server in terms of used capacity.

20 Posts

March 17th, 2016 02:00

I've played around with scanned size but the result is different

Networker console display 2235 GB backed up data last evening

Networker.jpg

My created custom report with scanned size report with the same time window display only 1,251 TB

custom.jpg

I need the "raw" transfered data in the reports "Backup Job Summary" and "Backed Up Daily"

No Events found!