Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 28th, 2013 07:00

DPA 6.0 Active Directory integration

Hello,

I've implemented a DPA 6.0 server for our 4 Networker servers, and I want to integrate the Active Directory.

I've typed in the server's IP address, I didn't check the 'Use SSL' checkbox, the port is 389, the LDAP version is 2 and at the 'Base Name' I inserted (like I sow in the documentation)  CN=Admin Domeniu 10 (Dan Dragos),OU=Admins,OU=Star Storage,DC=star,DC=ro .

In the 'Identification Attribute' I didn't typed in anything, I deselected the 'Anonymous Bind' and at the 'User Properties' I inserted an admin username and the password, do you know what roles must have this user inserted here ?

When I try to validate the user I get the 'Exception: java.lang.NullPointerException' error, does any of you have any idea ?

When I try to test an username, I get the ' Unable to authenticate user in LDAP server' error.

Can anybody help me ?

Many thanks,

CatalinM

August 31st, 2013 10:00

Please consider moving this question as-is (no need to recreate) to the proper forum for maximum visibility.  Questions written to the users' own "Discussions" space don't get the same amount of attention and questions can go unanswered for a long time. 

You can do so by selecting "Move" under ACTIONS along the upper-right.  Then search for and select: "Data Protection Advisor Support Forum" which would be the most relevant for this question.

1.2K Posts

September 30th, 2013 10:00

Are you still having issues?  This was our configuration that worked:

In our case, the Base Name was just the domain information, "dc=,dc=com.  I think you've got your Domain Admin account in the Base Name, which is why it's failing.  Can you try this and see if it works for you?

Thanks!

Karl

43 Posts

December 2nd, 2013 01:00

hi Karl:

I met same problem too.

what's that in "Identification attribute"??

In the user name field, does it include dc=xxx or leave dc information in base name field?

1.2K Posts

December 2nd, 2013 08:00

The "Identification Attribute" is used to specify the LDAP query.  For Windows AD, this field should read "SAMAccountname" and for Solaris iPlanet and OpenLDAP, this field has the UID of the LDAP directory service itself.

The username field will probably need the DC.  Here's the full entry I'm using:

CN=LDAP auth storage,OU=Administrative,OU=CORP_Service_Accounts,OU=Shared,DC=mycompany,DC=org

Let us know if that helps!

Karl

43 Posts

December 2nd, 2013 20:00

Thanks for your prompt response.

I will try later time and get back to you.

No Events found!