Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 17th, 2013 10:00

DPA 6.0 upgrade not seeing DataDomain

the upgrade seemed to go ok.

I got my Avamar reports working

But my DataDomain reports do not work.

so I deleted one of my DD grids and tried to discover it again and I get this error.

Performing tests for Data Domain:

Test failed! Error : [collector on port 3741 returned an error processing command: Either host is down or invalid credentials has been provided]

39 Posts

November 6th, 2013 06:00

JH, did you find a solution to this error message yet? I am trying to add a new DD box to my newly built DPA 6.0 and I am getting the same error message as well. Any pointers would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Jacob

498 Posts

November 6th, 2013 08:00

I did not do the upgrade and was trying to find the answer when the person who did to the upgrade got it to work.

but I had other things not working, and we then applied a patch that they suggested, which fixed one thing but then broke a few other, and the fact that the upgrade did NOT pull over my history from the previous version like it was supposed to.

I have gone back to using the 5.x version while the person doing the DPA upgrade works with EMC to try again.

for this issue getting the DD he said:  The sysadmin password and the SNMP community string needed set.

39 Posts

November 12th, 2013 06:00

Thanks J.H. It worked for me as well. I had to create a new SNMP community string on the DD box (I didn't want to use the default Public string) and later used the same string for authentication from DPA. I also created a new User account on DD and assigned the same user name and password for the DataDomain Performance SSH credentials and all is good now.

Thanks for the tip!!

Regards,

Jacob

115 Posts

July 31st, 2015 00:00

We faced similar issue, but DPA 6.2.x

we were unable to register DD

we created a RO public snmp community string and entered same in DPA , but it was not working

finally, as we had Avamar+dd integration , in password section of SNMP credentials , we entered avamar which worked for us

now we are able to run reports about DD

1 Message

February 1st, 2019 13:00

This is probably known now, but the snmp community needs to be RW.

No Events found!