Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 15th, 2013 02:00

DPA 6 Dashboard Question

Hi

I want to replace the DPA 5.8 with version 6.0

I will not migrate the data (datamine) from the previos version 5.8, so beginning on the green base

I need the DPA for monitoring all EMC devices. I would like to again create control panels like in version 5.8, where all events and status of the equipment is visible. When a user logs on the DPA Panel, he should immediatly have an overview, what are online (green) and what has failure or offline (red).

With th new version 6 there are now the dashboard with predefined blocks, wich can be added to the dashboard. Is there a way to customize these blocks?

I want also add customize reports to customized dashboard.

Ideas?

Thanks for suggestions

Marcel

66 Posts

May 24th, 2013 12:00

HI Marcel,

With DPA 6.0 there is limited customization you can do to the dashboard blocks. For example, you can change the scope and time period that is reported on in the dashboard block and change some others attributes (such as what percentage is deemed to be a failure).

DPA v6.0 does still support Control Panels (like in v5.8) however you cannot have a Control Panel as the first screen you see when you login. You can though schedule Control Panels to be emailed to a set of users every day.

I have heard talk that in a future release of DPA it may be possible to customize the dashboards more.

Hope that helps.

Gareth

20 Posts

May 30th, 2013 05:00

Hi Gareth

Thank you for your answer.That was exactly my concern.

I'm waiting for the SP1, because this version is very buggy.....

I hope that the features are available in the SP1 again as the Control Panel

thx

Marcel

No Events found!