Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 13th, 2017 18:00

DPA report to find the uncloned jobs to Tapes

Hi Experts,

i am looking for a DPA report that shows me the list of jobs which are not cloned to tapes(only). we have networker backups to DD and CCR to the secondary DD. we have long retention backups in weekends like Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly & Yearly which are supposed to be cloned to Tapes.

I am looking for a DPA report or inputs how i can do custom report to identify the jobs/client/groups (only long term retentions) which supposed to be cloned to tapes but didn’t get cloned to tapes because of several reason like... out of tapes, missed schedule, human errors, backup server got hang etc.....

To be precise, we have  Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly & Yearly groups configured separately which need to be cloned to their respective Tape clone pools.

Thanks!!

21 Posts

March 22nd, 2017 16:00

Hi Pogri,

You need to create a custom reports for this.

To identify the jobs/client/groups (only long term retentions) Please check following Media reports.

Media Retention Distribution (Assume Retention Data is available)

Media Details with retention Over 8 Years (Media Details with retention greater than or equal to 8 years.

To monitor Tape library issues or status please run following reports.

Tape Library Status Details

Tape Library Volume Status

Media Count by pool

It's up to you to marge Media reports with Tape library reports and get the output in one report or you can run each report separately and received email or you can create a custom dashboard and add these reports on Dashboard and check the status on dashboard or email it..

If you need more assistance for report customization please Contact Dell EMC Account team to engage Professional services for report customization.

Syed Qadri

No Events found!