Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 10th, 2013 02:00

Is that possible to use DPA over the WAN

Hello,

We have alot of EMC products(networker,avamar,datadomain vs.) on different sites. Now we have some reporting and management issues . Is that possible to use DPA for all products over the WAN connections ? For example i want install DPA to the my main site after that can i monitor my remote sites with that DPA over WAN connection ?

May 17th, 2013 11:00

Hi

All these sites connected with vpn or are you using directly over the wan connection. Because we dont have vpn between all sites.

5 Posts

May 17th, 2013 11:00

We have DPA collecting info for about 8 Avamar systems and 3 DD systems. DPA is located in Minnesota, US and Avamar systems are in US, UK, Australia, and Singapore.

66 Posts

May 24th, 2013 12:00

You can use DPA over the WAN as long as the relevant firewall ports are open between sites.

You should install DPA Agents (in v5 they were called Collectors) at each remote site. The agents will gather  NetWorker, Avamar, DD, etc information locally and then pass that information to the remote server. If the WAN link goes down then the local agent will store the information until it can reestablish a connection with the DPA server.

Hope that helps.

Gareth

28 Posts

June 13th, 2013 00:00

hi,

If all the sites access each other over IP, then you can report all the sites by DPA over WAN.

No Events found!