Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 28th, 2011 08:00

Media Count of Expired Volumes by Pool

Hi:

I'm trying to create a Media Count of Expired Volumes by Pool, but so far the only way I found to do it, it's by using Sources/Media/Media Details and then filtering the data and creating table summary by each pool I like to include on the report.

I'm getting the proper data, but also the list of all volumes that match the filtering, and we have thousands of them.

I wonder if is there any way to produce this type of report, just showing the totals by pool, like we have on the "Empty Media By Jukebox" report that shows the empty volumes total by Library?

I'd appreciate any suggestion.

25 Posts

August 3rd, 2011 07:00

I got the report working (sort of).

As I mentioned before I used "Media Details" as Source

I filtered it with Condition "Expiry Flag = true" ("Expired Date less than End Time", did not work)

I added a "Media Count" field using an "Add Field" operator

This time I assigned a value = 1 to the added field

I did not use the group-by 2 field (as suggested)

This way after applying "Group by" operator, the "Media Count" field shows the amount of expired tapes.

I'm still having issues with one pool which expired media count numbers does not match with the values I'm getting from NetWorker

(We created a script that runs in the NetWorker servers to check the expired media count)

But that is a different issue and I won't bother you guys with that one.

Thank you, much appreciated your help.

141 Posts

August 1st, 2011 01:00

Hi,

To achieve the report you are looking for you should be able to take a copy of the "Media Count by Pool" report and add a condition to the data source of Expiry Date less than End Time.

This will give you a count of all the media, grouped by pool, that have expired.

Thanks

David

David Russell

EMC Technical Support

25 Posts

August 2nd, 2011 12:00

Hi David:

The  "Media Count by Pool" source property does not have Expired Date field.

37 Posts

August 2nd, 2011 13:00

Does the GroupBy operator do what you want? 

37 Posts

August 2nd, 2011 14:00

What happens if you don't use the group-by-2 field and just group by Pool?

25 Posts

August 2nd, 2011 14:00

I've been trying to use that operator, but it has not worked for be so far.

I used as data source Media Details

Condition = Expired Flag = true

I added a field called Media Count and then used Group by :

Group by 1 = Pool

Group by 2 = Media Count.

Default Number operation = Sum

The output shows the pools name, but the Media Count field is blank. I thought that I can get the summary of expired tapes by pool this way, but obviously that is not the right way.

No Events found!