Start a Conversation

Unsolved

M

5 Posts

March 22nd, 2019 12:00

DPA Report on Restores & Duration since Backup

So I'm working on creating this report that will generate a list of Restore Jobs which will include the "Started" timestamp of the Restore and the Timestamp of the Backup that the Restore is being processed from.

I'm working with the "Restore Details" data source... and I thought the Backup timestamp would be the "Recorded Date Time", but now I'm wondering if that's incorrect.  (Insight on that would be welcomed.)

Then, I'm feeding it all through "Subtract Fields" operator which generates (Duration-between-B-and-R = Started - Recorded Date Time).  Seems simple enough, right?  However, the "Duration-between-B-and-R" column is always coming out blank... and I've no idea what I'm doing wrong.

Would anyone be generous enough to assist me with this and let me know what I'm doing wrong?

5 Posts

March 26th, 2019 09:00

So I took a step back... and now I think that I need to create a report that will dump a list of Restore Jobs, but with an added field that will calculate the duration between the timestamp of Restore Job and the timestamp from the Backup that is being restored from. I'm thinking that I need to calculate the "Restore Details - Start Time" minus the "Backup Job Details - Start Time". Only I am confused on how to combine these two pieces of detail... or on how to Key the 2 data sources together in order to pull out the correct info.

I tried just feeding both data sources through a "Subtract Series" operator, but the results of my "Duration" calculation keeps returning a blank field.

Can anyone give me some guidance?

No Events found!