Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 16th, 2011 06:00

Why some reports are not always available ?

Hello,

I use DPA with a TSM environment

I have often the problem with reports that are not available in the Menu Navigator

ex: I will see the occupancy of some clients

The report is available on the TSM server or top level but not on the client level and it is the same for created view

an other case is that I created a report and when I ran from the editor, I can select what ever I want (clients, TSM servers, Queries) and I have a result

but when I saved the report in the menu navigator, it works only in top or tsm server level

Why it doesn't work as it does in the report editor ???

If I create new view or a query is to have only selected clients but I still want to use the reports...

Do you have these problems too ?

Regards,

Vincenzo ARNONE

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

February 17th, 2011 00:00

Hi Vincenzo,

DPA automatically tries to populate the menu based on having valid data in all data sources of the report.

Within each data source there is an Options tab that has a check box called Source Required, which by default is selected. What this does is check the table used by the data source and then checks to see if the node(s) you are running the report against would have data in this table, based on the requests assigned to the node(s). If one or more of the data sources in the report don't have any data for the node(s) you are running the report against, then the report will not be given as an option in the menu when you right click.  To ensure the report is always displayed you need to modify the report so that all data sources have the Source Required check box unchecked.

I tried this in my test system by creating a copy of the (Status -> Backup -> Client Occupancy Summary) report and editing it to unselect the Data Source Required option for both sources.  I then added the new report to my menu and now I can run the report for a single (or multiple) client(s).

Thanks

JP

February 16th, 2011 06:00

Vincenzo

It sounds like it is the way you have configured the permissions in the menu option - go to Tools > Menu Editor, find your report, click permissions and verify that all types you wish to run against your report are checked (or Enable for all types).

12 Posts

February 16th, 2011 23:00

Hi David,

thank you for your answer but I already checked that point and the permissions are set to "Enable for all types"

it is a standard report that you find in Status>Backup>Client Occupancy Summary

it is a report from the category Resource Utilization

this one of the lot of examples I can give.

12 Posts

February 17th, 2011 00:00

Thank You JP !

it resolves my problem

No Events found!