Start a Conversation

Unsolved

J

10 Posts

March 11th, 2019 03:00

Cylance and McAfee antivirus

Hi,

I checked the Threat Prevention msi properties from the child installer and it is possible to add TP, web filtering and firewall modules at the time of installng McAfee. We use Forticlient as a firewall and web filtering so we are deploying policy based encryption and Advance Threat Prevention (Cylance) in all laptops.

I would like to know if it is advisable to have installed two anti-malware solutions (TP + ATP) at the same time?

This is what the console shows when you enable all the features (TP disabled at the moment):

dell_plugins.PNG

Thanks

Jose

July 8th, 2019 14:00

@josebilbao,

I apologize about the delay as I just took over the social media activity for the Dell Data Security team. Going to post a reply here in case anyone else runs across this issue. 

Short answer: Yes you can run Threat Protection and Advanced Threat Prevention at the same time. You will need to add some exclusions to TP for Cylance which are listed at: https://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/04/sln303898/dell-endpoint-security-suite-enterprise-system-requirements?lang=en (under Software > Windows tab).

Your plugins also look fine as you are running policy based encryption instead of SED. 

Let me know if you run into any other issues.

-Brian

L4 | Dell Data Security #IWork4Dell

4 Posts

May 24th, 2022 20:00

Thanks for sharing the response and detailed reply. As I was facing the same issue. But after reading your this reply. I applied the mentioned detailed and my issue get fixed. Still now I haven't applied threat protection thats the main reason the issue was still existing.

1 Message

July 23rd, 2022 00:00

Thanks for sharing the reply. I was facing the same problem. 

After reading your reply. My issue was fixed after I applied the detailed. I haven't applied threat protection because the issue is still there.

1 Message

November 26th, 2022 01:00

Exactly, I agree with you and appreciate this meaningful word. It has resolved the issue, which I was facing for so many days. Furthermore, I'm expecting such kind of valuable answers in features.

1 Message

January 12th, 2023 11:00

@Brian Piatt wrote:

@josebilbao,

I apologize about the delay as I just took over the social media activity for the Dell Data Security team. Going to post a reply here in case anyone else runs across this issue. 

Short answer: Yes you can run Threat Protection and Advanced Threat Prevention at the same time. You will need to add some exclusions to TP for Cylance which are listed at: https://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/04/download-farmville3-mod-apk-enterprise-system-requirements?lang=en  (under Software > Windows tab).

Your plugins also look fine as you are running policy based encryption instead of SED. 

Let me know if you run into any other issues.

-Brian

L4 | Dell Data Security #IWork4Dell

Hey, if i still run both simultaneously, will it be ok or is there any new method available now?

2 Posts

March 13th, 2023 23:00

Hello,

I've reviewed the properties of the Threat Prevention msi installer and it seems that it's possible to include TP, web filtering, and firewall modules during the installation of McAfee. However, we're already using Forticlient as our firewall and web filtering solution, so we're planning to deploy policy-based encryption and Advanced Threat Prevention (Cylance) on all laptops.

I wanted to ask whether it's advisable to have both TP and ATP installed as two anti-malware solutions on the same system simultaneously?

The console currently shows all features enabled except for TP, which is disabled at the moment.

• 

1 Message

March 14th, 2023 12:00

Hello!

Yes you can still run Threat Protection and Advanced Threat Prevention at the same time. You will also need to add some exclusions to TP for Cylance which are listed at: https://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/04/sln303898/dell-endpoint-security-suite-enterprise-syst... (under Software > Windows tab). 

- Byron 

PM | Dell Software IPS #IWork4Dell

1 Message

April 11th, 2023 03:00

Hey!

Thanks for sharing the reply. I was facing the same problem. After reading your reply. My issue was fixed after I applied the detailed. I think everyone's problem must be fixed now.

7 Posts

April 24th, 2023 06:00

It is not advisable to install two anti-malware solutions on the same system as they can interfere with each other and potentially cause conflicts that may lead to system instability or reduced security.

Having multiple anti-malware solutions installed can cause conflicts in the system as they may try to access the same files or processes simultaneously, leading to performance issues and other problems. Additionally, having multiple solutions may create false positives and false negatives, which could lead to missed detections or unnecessary actions being taken.

It is generally recommended to choose a single anti-malware solution that meets your organization's security needs and use it consistently across all endpoints. This will ensure that your security policies and configurations are uniform and will simplify management and maintenance tasks.

I hope this clears out your confusion. You can ask if you need any other info.

August 23rd, 2023 06:42

Thanks for sharing the response and detailed reply. As I was facing the same issue. 

September 9th, 2023 07:14

Thanks for sharing the reply. I was facing the same problem. 

After reading your reply. My issue was fixed after I applied the detailed. I haven't applied threat protection because the issue is still there.

September 9th, 2023 07:16

Exactly, I agree with you and appreciate this meaningful word. It has resolved the issue, which I was facing for so many days. Furthermore, I'm expecting such kind of valuable answers in features.

1 Message

September 30th, 2023 19:20

Hi, Did you able to solve your problem?

I'm facing the same issue. Do you know what will work now?

(edited)

October 1st, 2023 16:05

Antivirus software is a crucial part of keeping our digital lives secure, and both Cylance and McAfee are well-known names in the cybersecurity industry. 

1. Cylance:
    It employs artificial intelligence and machine learning algorithms to proactively identify and prevent threats in real time. 
  2. McAfee:
    McAfee, on the other hand, is a veteran in the antivirus industry and offers a wide range of security products. It provides comprehensive protection against viruses, malware, phishing attempts, and other online threats. 

(edited)

1 Rookie

• 

1 Message

April 25th, 2024 21:20

Antivirus software is a crucial part of keeping our digital lives secure, and both Cylance and McAfee are well-known names in the cybersecurity industry. 

1. Cylance:
    It employs artificial intelligence and machine learning algorithms to proactively identify and prevent threats in moi qatar id check, real time. 
  2. McAfee:
    McAfee, on the other hand, is a veteran in the antivirus industry and offers a wide range of security products. It provides comprehensive protection against viruses, malware, phishing attempts, and other online threats. 

But the question is how to tackle it now as no accurate solution is currently provided for that?

No Events found!