Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 15th, 2017 03:00

How to decrypt BSOD failed system drive?

Hey,

So we have a computer here where the bootsectors have been ruined so we are not able to boot the OS at all.

When I remove the disk and connect it to another computer through USB I can see all files etc but they are encrypted.

If I go to properties of one of the files I can see:

Encrypted: System Data encrypted

policy compliance status: no

hardware crypto accelerator: no

156 Posts

June 15th, 2017 05:00

Hi Toball!

When you have a drive slaved to another system, we can leverage our CMGAu (Credant Mobile Guardian Administrative Unlock) tool to gain access to the data on the drive. This requires access to the DDP | E server and forensic administrator rights or to the encryption keys that were generated from the device (this is an LSARecovery file for Dell Data Protection | Encryption Personal Edition). 

With those pre-requisites, you can run through the process defined in this guide:

http://downloads.dell.com/Manuals/all-products/esuprt_software/esuprt_endpoint_security_soln/dell-data-protection-encryption_Administrator%20Guide8_en-us.pdf

under the "Encrypted Drive Data Recovery" section. 

To obtain the latest versions of our CMGAu tool, this is contained within the zip folders in our client installation packages here:

http://www.dell.com/support/home/vi/en/vidhs1/product-support/product/dell-data-protection-encryption/drivers 

I hope that helps!

1 Message

July 11th, 2022 17:00

Hi, decrypt BSOD while connecting it through a usb cable to another computer will not be easy. Or You could also apply the heavy decryption techniques but that will make you confuse. The best way which I will suggest it to connect it with another computer properly instead of the computer desk and remove the disk of the computer. That will give an easy and direct access to the data on your desk.

5 Posts

April 28th, 2023 08:00

BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) usually occurs when there is a critical error in the operating system or hardware, and it is not related to encryption or decryption of a failed system drive.

If you are experiencing a BSOD error on your computer, you can try the following steps to troubleshoot and fix the issue:

1. Restart your computer: Sometimes, a simple restart can fix the BSOD error.

2. Use the Windows Recovery Environment: If the restart does not fix the error, you can try using the Windows Recovery Environment to repair your system. To access the Recovery Environment, you will need a Windows installation disc or a bootable USB drive.

5 Posts

April 28th, 2023 09:00

Note that decrypting an encrypted system drive should only be done with caution and should only be attempted. if you have the necessary knowledge and experience in doing so. Decrypting an encrypted system drive may cause data loss or other issues with your computer.

No Events found!