Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 25th, 2016 14:00

Thunderbolt pre-boot options in BIOS causes bitlocker prompt

Environment:

Dell Precision 5510 with latest BIOS

Windows 7 SP1 x64 with latest patches and/or Windows 10 1511 x64 with latest patches.

Issue:

I enabled the two Thunderbolt pre-boot options in the BIOS and then PXE boot from the Type-C network adapter and/or dock to ConfigMgr 1602 and deploy Windows 7/10.  In the Task Sequence I enable BitLocker.  When the machine completes the Task Sequence it reboots successfully.  I can reboot it as many times as I want as long as the Type-C network adapter/dock is attached.  As soon as I remove the adapter and reboot I get hit with a BitLocker prompt.  If I connect the adapter/dock back in and reboot it no longer prompts.  I thought I might use the Dell PowerShell provider to disable the thunderbolt pre-boot at the end of the build but  the provider does not appear to support changing the two pre-boot settings.  This actually happens in reverse also.  I can suspend BitLocker and reboot while the adapter/dock is removed.  But then if I add the adapter/dock back I get the BitLocker prompt again.

Is there any known way to use the Type-C network adapter and/or dock without trigger a Bitlocker prompt at every reboot if the Type-C connector is removed/attached?

Thanks

6 Posts

August 2nd, 2016 14:00

I used CCTK to uncheck the two options at the end of the build but I still get Bitlocker prompts as explained in the previous post.  Is it even possible to leave the Thunderbolt boot options enabled without getting the BitLocker prompt?

Thanks

2 Posts

November 16th, 2016 06:00

Hi,

Have have the same problem With SCCM 1606. Did you find any good solution to this?

Thanks

1 Message

November 30th, 2016 11:00

My customer discovered that to prevent this situation the Thunderbolt Boot Support must be deselected. To date no utility has been able to modify this setting. It has to be manually activated. We have tried to get it included in the Command Configure but so far N/A.

No Events found!