Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 21st, 2020 08:00

DDP - Signed driver problem

Hi everybody,

after installing DDP (Windows 10, Latitude E5570, clean install, latest firmware and drivers) all USB connections (I noticed it with a USB3 flash drive (SMI USB3.0 USB Device)) are not working anymore.

The error code within the driver section is 52 - windows can not verify the digital signature for the driver for this device...).

I have seen some probable solutions (modify registry, disable driver signature enforcement) but this is DDP related - so I don't want to go this way.

I have uninstalled DDP - and everything is working fine.

Has anybody had the same problem?

Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks in advance!

• 

146 Posts

April 22nd, 2020 09:00

Indeed there is, I am actually surprised you were able to get to 1909 without more issues.

From our Drivers & Downloads page you can download the latest version of DDP which released February 2020. Download the new Dell Encryption release, you will be able to update in place, and then reboot.  After that test out your USB to see if it works as expected.

Thanks!

• 

146 Posts

April 22nd, 2020 07:00

Hey there @i_have_a_problem 

Did some searching in our tech advisories and internal tools and I am not finding a quick fix unfortunately.  In the tech advisories for version 8.16 there is mention of "A USB 3.0 driver causing BSODs when interacting with Dell Encryption is resolved. [DDPC-6893]" but I don't think that fully applies here.

Can you confirm for us your Windows build and the version of DDP you have installed?  If you need help locating your Windows build information you can press the WindowsKey+R and type WinVer then press enter.  The about windows screen should pop up with the information.

Thanks!

April 22nd, 2020 08:00

Hi Stephen,

Windows Version is 1909 - Build 18363.778

DDP Security Tools V1.12.0 ( I have seen that this is a rather old version from 2017 - is there a newer one?)

No Events found!