Start a Conversation

Unsolved

E

1 Rookie

• 

32 Posts

August 8th, 2019 06:00

Downgrading to a prior release documentation?

We began adopting DDPE 10.3.1.1 in hopes of addressing a reboot issue with 10.2.1.1 that happens when CMGSHIELD.EXE crashes.  I learned that the 10.3.1.1 release has been pulled off the market for unknown issues.  Since Dell will not share those issues with us, I am left with the choice of running a version that has unknown issues or reverting back to the 10.3.0.2 release.  I have looked for documentation on the process for doing this, but have come up empty handed.  I have opened a support ticket and received the most unhelpful responses to this question. 

Does anyone know of a KB article I am missing that would provide the steps for downgrading to a prior version of DDPE in this usual situation?  Can I use the option to uninstall and leave the drive encrypted or is it best to perform a full decryption and then install the prior version?  (I lean toward the latter.)

August 8th, 2019 09:00

@eddierowe 

Dell Data Security has two types of releases:

• General Availability (GA) :
    • GA builds are published to dell.com/support as part of our normal release cycles.
    • New features/functions are released in GA builds. 
    • These builds trigger documentation to be updated on dell.com/support.
    • As of 8/8/19 , the current GA build is 10.3.0
  • Client-drop:
    • Client-drops are not published on dell.com/support. 
    • Client-drops are provided adhoc via Dell Data Security ProSupport.
    • Client-drops are developed and released to address specific customer situations.
    • Client-drops fixes are merged in the next GA release to dell.com/support. 
    • Client-drops do not typically get updated documentation.

To answer your question specifically about downgrade. Due to the complexity of how the drivers interact with the operating system, Dell Data Security does not support downgrades nor are downgrades part of our QA validation process. If you are experiencing new issues with 10.3.1, could you let me know what they are?

Could you do me a favor and send me a private message with the SR number so I can determine who is telling you that 10.3.1 was pulled for quality reasons? Additionally I'm happy to talk via private message or phone about what is different between 10.3.0 and 10.3.1.

-Brian

L4 | Dell Data Security #IWork4Dell

No Events found!