Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

J

September 20th, 2018 08:00

Policy-Based Encryption

Hi Everyone,

I noticed that Policy-Based Encryption plugin is not displayed in the console since the new version was released last month:

Capture.PNG

Laptops running PBE v.8.18.05 show the plugin in the console.

When you open Dell Encryption console in the local host "System Storage" is in compliance and the disk is shown as "protected".

Is this something to be concerned about?

Thanks

Jose

156 Posts

September 24th, 2018 05:00

Hi Jose,

This is nothing to worry about :) This section that you are referencing is for our "Manager" clients. The Policy Based Encryption application is being currently wrapped in a different method than before on the devices running 10.0.0.11 Policy Based Encryption (PBE) and 10.0.0.6 "Manager" aka Encryption Management Agent. With our move towards having a hosted Dell Encryption solution within the SaaS (the mentions of "Hosted Server" during the install is hearkening to our testing that we are doing on this upcoming technology) we have had to modify how the clients communicate to each other, and we are slowly in the process of modifying how this data is also presented within the Dell Security Center.

Below the Manager Details for Plugins & Agents, you should still have a section for "Shield Details", which should be outlining information for the 10.0.0.11 client installed on the device. I hope that helps!

Example from a device that has been upgraded from 7.3 to 8.13 to 8.18 to 10.0, this will show that the plugin that was used before was removed:

PBE_Server_Example.png

1 Rookie

• 

10 Posts

September 25th, 2018 01:00

Thanks Dale for your feedback,

I just wanted to reassure that nothing was missing as I could not find any relevant information about these plugin in the documentation.

Cheers

Jose

No Events found!