Start a Conversation

Unsolved

C

1 Message

November 14th, 2019 08:00

Windows 10

I have a Windows 10 laptop running DDPE enterprise that is looping with a startup repair issue. Is there a way to repair it without re-imaging  the laptop?  

November 14th, 2019 14:00

@cagney201 

Do you have the stopcode before it loops? Do you know what version of DDPE you are using?

-Brian

L4 | Dell Data Security #IWork4Dell

1 Message

April 16th, 2020 14:00

Hi, I'm facing the very same issue. I installed Version 1.12.0.21, A22 of DDP ST on a Windows 10 1903 system. I was not aware After installation it asked to reboot. The system is protected by BitLocker and after entering the BitLocker pin, it doesn't start regularly but says it tries to auto repair the system. After that it goes to an "auto repair" menu saying the PC was not able to be started correctly and offers 2 buttons, reboot and advanced options which leads to different other options without letting me know the root cause of the problem. What should I do? I assume I have to disable the secure boot and type in the master key for BitLocker first and try to boot into Windows in safe mode. Will that be possible and is it possible to simply uninstall DDP then? Will that fix the issue? Thanks, Friedemann

• 

146 Posts

April 17th, 2020 08:00

Hi @Friefi,

Let's see if we can pass some commands to Bitlocker to get it out of the way and see if that helps Windows boot normally.

Let the machine boot loop until you get to the recovery screen.  At the recovery screen click "skip this drive".

On the next screen you should be able to click Advanced Options > Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > Command Prompt.

At the command prompt lets confirm BitLocker still has the correct status of the drive by entering the following command "Manage-bde -status c:" This should return a message saying BDE is Active

Now we will unlock the drive by entering "Manage-bde -unlock c: -rp

Once the drive is successfully unlocked we can then disable the Bitlocker protector by entering "Manage-bde -protectors -disable c:"

Once those steps are done we can see if windows will boot normally.

If Windows does not boot normally and startup repair still fails the next step would be to fully decrypt the drive and see if that helps startup repair.

The steps to decrypt the drive are similar to what is listed above.  After you do your Manage-bde -unlock c: -rp command you will then enter manage-bde -off C:.

NOTE: for the you do not need to enter the <>.  Also you do not need to use the quotation marks in your commands, I used them here to highlight the commands. 

No Events found!