Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

JM

December 26th, 2016 12:00

biometric authentication service not functioning properly

I am getting this message ever since I did an Windows update "biometric authentication service not functioning properly". Any idea how to fix this problem and get rid of the message? When I sign in with my password the Dell hourglass with the Dell Protection Security Tools title runs for about 30 seconds and then this message pops up.

Thank You,

Jack

156 Posts

January 9th, 2017 07:00

Hi Jack,

I apologize for the issues you're seeing. Can you provide a bit more information so we can narrow down where the issue may be?

Could you provide the system model that you're working with, the version of Windows that you are running, and the version of Security Tools that you currently have installed?

Thank you!

11 Posts

April 24th, 2017 14:00

Jack,

I received this same problem on our Latitude E6440 because I removed all of Dell Data Protection. To prevent this from occurring again, all you will need to do is download and reinstall Dell Data Protection Security Tools v1.12.0.21 (Updated 2017).  Once I completed this and rebooted, the Biometric authentication did not show up again.

I am not using any of the Dell Data Protection programs, but I had to reinstall just the Data Protection Security Tools v1.12.0.21 to allow users to login without using a fingerprint.

Hope this helps!

2 Posts

April 28th, 2017 08:00

fblawat,

Where did you find the download for Dell Data Protection Security Tools v1.12.0.21 ?

I can't find it and am having the same issue.

2 Posts

April 28th, 2017 08:00

fblawat,

Where did you find the download for Dell Data Protection Security Tools v1.12.0.21 ?

I can't seem to find it, and having this same issue.

3 Apprentice

• 

30 Posts

April 28th, 2017 09:00

jcs613,

Here is a link to our chat. Hit them up and they can get you going.

http://dell.to/2nOXwFk

156 Posts

May 1st, 2017 09:00

Hi jcs613

you can download 1.12.0.21 here:

www.dell.com/.../DriversDetails

This issue is typically associated with the drivers from CrossMatch that we use to process the biometric authentication potentially not being removed properly. Installing this version of DDP | ST will allow you to cleanly remove those components.

we have more information on removing DDP | ST at the KB below. the Security Tools Authentication portion is the CrossMatch driver i mentioned above.

www.dell.com/.../installing-and-uninstalling-dell-data-protection-security-tools

No Events found!