Start a Conversation

Unsolved

S

8 Posts

February 6th, 2019 05:00

A few issues i have

Hi

When i look at my devices, and select one there is a link to the right "Launch Management Application". That is a link to the device ip - not the hostname or fqdn, is it possible to change this ?

In the device-tree to the left when i go to "All Devices -> Modular Systems -> PowerEdge VRTX" all my VRTX shows as "Chassis_ . That don't tell me much - it would have been alot easier if it showed me the hostname/fqdn in that list.

I use both OME 2.5 and OMEnt and in OME 2.5 i can see that some of my disks in VRTX has new firmware in the catalog, but in OMEnt (same catalog) there is nothing about new firmwares for the disks.

Is it possible to change the time/date format? (to yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss) In OME 2.5 this was fine, but i supposed it used the locale setting from Windows.

Best regards

124 Posts

February 10th, 2019 08:00

1) Yep it's an IP here too. The only time that we have used the IP address was during discovery of the devices (because using an IP is the only option when discovering entire ranges I guess).I don't know if it would still show an IP if you performed the discovery using a hostname. In any case the column name is "IP address" so I suppose it would still show the IP. No idea though why the links you mentioned points to the IP.

Pointing to an IP would certainly always generate SSL errors unless you'd generate certificates containing an IP address which most people don't.

What is the exact problem you are experiencing?

2) Two things come to mind:

a) You should check your idracs (don't know how that's called in a chassis) and the "idrac dns name" (or so) configured within.

b) In OME, take a look at Application Settings -> Console Preferences -> Discovery Setting -> iDRAC name. You probably want it to be "Prefer system hostname"

3) Try reloading a current catalog by editing it without changing anything. Otherwise contact support as it's a bug or a problem with the catalog.

4) I haven't seen anything that would allow changing the time format. Certainly it could guess the timezone by taking a look at the headers sent by your browser, but I doubt formatting of time and date can be done/transmitted that way.

No Events found!