Start a Conversation

Unsolved

KR

1 Rookie

• 

47 Posts

July 17th, 2020 05:00

After upgrade to 3.4, OMEnt no longer getting alerts

We upgraded our OMEnt to 3.4 and since then it is no longer receiving alerts from servers. All the settings are still there and correct, no changes in the servers' iDRAC settings. Both the iDRAC logs and OMEssentials logs show events, but nothing in OMEnt. I tried the previous fix of changing the SNMP settings in OMEnt and then reverting back, but it is not working this time.

• 

8.8K Posts

July 17th, 2020 13:00

KevinA-REJIS,

I haven't seen this occur before and would like to do some testing. Would you confirm the settings you're using and any screenshots that would help us in doing so?

Thank you.

1 Rookie

• 

47 Posts

July 20th, 2020 07:00

I've confirmed the SNMP traps are correct, and the read-only community string is correct. SNMPv3 is enabled, but we do not currently use it.

OMEnt SNMP ListenerOMEnt SNMP ListeneriDRAC SNMP Traps ConfigiDRAC SNMP Traps ConfigiDRAC SNMP Traps Config 2iDRAC SNMP Traps Config 2iDRAC Test SNMP Trap ResultiDRAC Test SNMP Trap Result

1 Rookie

• 

47 Posts

July 20th, 2020 13:00

I tried changing the community string to "public" on both OMEnt and iDRAC with no change. When changing the strings back, on a whim, I disabled SNMPv3 in OMEnt, and now the test alerts are being received from iDRAC.

• 

8.8K Posts

July 20th, 2020 13:00

Thank you, I have tested it and it is functional, even with SNMPv3 enabled. Which makes me think it is the details you excluded or the appliance. Would you private message me the details you excluded from the public post so I may confirm their validity?

No Events found!