Unsolved

DA

Community Manager

• 

711 Posts

June 15th, 2020 07:00

Annoucement: OpenManage Enterprise 3.4 release

Hello OpenManage Enterprise Users,

OpenManage Enterprise 3.4 is available for online upgrade.

Who will see the 3.4 update notification in the console?

OpenManage Enterprise users with versions 3.3.1, OME 3.2.1 and OME 3.2 (please ensure update settings is set to automatic and online).

New in this release

• Server-initiated discovery—With this feature, new servers in a data center can notify OpenManage Enterprise and can get automatically discovered. Servers should have a firmware version of 4.00.00.00 or later.
  • Configuration management with Profiles—This feature enables pre-creating profiles with device specific settings (including virtual identities) for deployment to devices later. Profile management allows for easy migration of settings from one device to another.
  • In-band driver update support for the devices running on 64-bit Windows versions.
  • Non-virtual identity attributes can inherit values from the source template and can be edited prior to deployment or auto-deployment.
  • Secure attributes of templates, such as passwords, can be edited.
  • Identify and mark 'assigned' identities on the device configuration inventory.
  • A pre-canned ' Virtual Identity Usage by pool' report is included in Reports.
  • Enhancements:
    ○ VLAN setting changes in templates can be immediately propagated on modular systems.
    ○ Support for YX4X XC (14G XC) platforms. For more information, refer the OpenManage Enteprise version 3.4 Support Matrix.
    ○ Improved virtual identity assignment—virtual identities which are not assigned from OpenManage Enterprise, are automatically
    identified and marked as 'assigned.'
    ○ Improved robustness and scaling for server configuration inventory.
    ○ In the event of a console upgrade failure, the pre-installed state of the appliance is restored.

What if I have questions?

Dell provides several online and telephone-based support and service options. Availability varies by country and product, and some services may not be available in your area. To contact Dell for sales, technical support, or customer service issues:

• Visit www.dell.com/support.
  • Select your support category.
  • Verify your country or region in the Choose a Country/Region drop-down list at the bottom of page.
  • Select the appropriate service or support link based on your need.

Regards

Abhijit

#IWork4Dell

1 Message

June 22nd, 2020 04:00

Hi, any news about RBAC user management ?

e.g. Some users group can see only some devices group ..  

July 10th, 2020 01:00

Hello

When i try to upgrade online/automatic, with no proxy from  3.3.0 to 3.4.0.55, i get : 
CAPP1315 : download of extension catalog is failed.
CAPP1320 : Impossible to get the file of Extension type Catalog because the file doesn't exist.

However, the download of the firmware catalog seems to work properly.

14 Posts

June 14th, 2021 15:00

Tomorrow marks the 1 year anniversary of this post - and there's been a few versions released since then too

1 Rookie

• 

17 Posts

January 25th, 2023 10:00

Yeah this is hella stale.

3.10 is out now!

12 Posts

November 8th, 2023 08:50

Yeah why this is pinned ?

As 4.0 is released and its hard to find release notes at least on Appliance version...

• 

2.4K Posts

08-11-2023 10:10 AM

Hi, I reported this to prevent this thread from being pinned unnecessarily. Thanks for the post. The release notes I found regarding the OME 4.0 version are as follows.

OpenManage Enterprise 4.0 Release Notes | Dell US

Evolution of Intelligence System Management Dell OME 4.0 Release | Dell Technologies Info Hub

Support for Dell EMC OpenManage Enterprise | Documentation | Dell UK

DELL-Erman O

Social Media and Communities Professional

Dell Technologies | Enterprise Support Services

#IWork4Dell

Did I answer your query? Please click on ‘Mark as Accepted Answer’. ‘Thumbs up’ the posts you like!

No Events found!