Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 23rd, 2018 07:00

CGEN6007: Error when setting up OpenMange Enterprise Configure Network Interface

When trying to setup the OpenManage Enterprise appliance on Windows Hyper-V 2016 we are getting the following error when setting the Configure Network Interface information for our network. I have verified the information I am entering is correct but the error repeatedly comes up and does not allow us to proceed.

Error screenError screen

2 Intern

• 

2.8K Posts

March 28th, 2018 09:00

Hi thanks for the post.

Maybe this:

http://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/19/sln308624/openmanage-enterprise-network-settings-cannot-be-applied-due-to-error-in-infrastructure-layer?lang=en

If it is the same issue, you need to make sure to connect the virtual network BEFORE turning on the appliance for the first time.

Thanks,

Rob

2 Intern

• 

2.8K Posts

March 23rd, 2018 13:00

Hi Mike,

I was unable to see the image.  Can you let me know what the text of the message said?

Also, there is a short deployment whitepaper on www.delltechcenter.com/oment in case that has any useful tips for you.

Rob

5 Posts

March 26th, 2018 04:00

The error box that pops up states the following:

CGEN6007 : Unable to complete the operation because of a configuration error in the infrastructure layer.

I know all of the IP information is correct so it appears it does not like our IP schema.

1 Message

May 9th, 2018 09:00

This did not work, unfortunately. I'm using Hyper-V and have both a Legacy Network Adapter and regular Network Adapter attached and still get the error. I only had a regular Network Adapter attached the first time I turned it on. 

2 Intern

• 

2.8K Posts

May 9th, 2018 13:00

Hi there, Ok, well in that case, we may need to get you to open a ticket so the support team can get a closer look.

Thanks!

Rob

--

I'll put the phone number here, but I need to enter it in a goofy format since this forum software strips out a lot of numbers.

8-0-0-9-4-5-3-3-5-5

12 Posts

June 10th, 2018 23:00

this error message happens as well when you do not have a DHCP server serving addresses.

Solution is to set up a static IP.

see my post about static IP for OME

rgds

james

No Events found!